• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt Gold Cup Trophy vs Springfield Armory TRP - what to get?

I would vote for the TRP, but would those the model without the rail. The model pictured is the "operator" model which has the rail. The standard TRP does not have a rail.

PC9108LP_4.jpg

Reactions: GFB
A buddy of mine had 2 1911s for sale. One was a Colt Gold Cup National Match and one was a Springfield Mil Spec standard 1911. I shot both and ended up buying the Springfield. Not only for the money aspect, but the Springfield was more accurate. It still surprises me how accurate a bone stock standard gun can be. No bells or whistles.

I have shot tons of 1911s as well. Some with some steep money poured into them. I still like my SA!

A buddy of mine had 2 1911s for sale. One was a Colt Gold Cup National Match and one was a Springfield Mil Spec standard 1911. I shot both and ended up buying the Springfield. Not only for the money aspect, but the Springfield was more accurate. It still surprises me how accurate a bone stock standard gun can be. No bells or whistles.

I have shot tons of 1911s as well. Some with some steep money poured into them. I still like my SA!
I have said it many times it's almost impossible to beat a Springfield for the money. Plus they will hang with guns that cost 100's more. If I grab one of my 1911's for personal protection it would be my Springy. Second choice my E-Series S&W. It's a it's a much more expensive gun and still doesn't shoot as good as my Springy.

Back
Top Bottom