• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt "Gov Marked" AR-15 Collectibles, "Some of the Rarest Ever"

BangBang BangBang - If you pick up one of each (about $6600 and change), you too could join the "Bronies" club!!
I tried to be a Brony once but there were just too many numbers to remember.... 6920, 6921, 6720, A1, A2, and on and on and on!

Being a Mega fanboy is so much easier. All I have to remember is “Gator” and “Maten”

Being a Mega fanboy is so much easier. All I have to remember is “Gator” and “Maten”

Ha, I wish!! For the Mega Arms AR15 billet lowers, you need to look at the Gator 3S (standard, rounded butt stock extension) vs the Gator 3H (heavy, hexagonal butt stock extension area), and Gen 1 (roll pin bolt catch) vs Gen 2 (threaded/set screw bolt catch), AMBI or not, and the list goes on. Not too many choices on the forged lowers, which makes it easier.

I like the LE6520 but for the price of that I could finish my MK12 clone so I'm going to have to pass on these. Really I would just be getting them for the restricted rollmark. Is it illegal to get that etched on your own weapon since it doesnt mean anything? I dont know.

I like the LE6520 but for the price of that I could finish my MK12 clone so I'm going to have to pass on these. Really I would just be getting them for the restricted rollmark. Is it illegal to get that etched on your own weapon since it doesnt mean anything? I dont know.

I'd love to do a MK12 someday but that's an expensive build if you do it as authentic as possible...

We need to get BangBang BangBang onboard with some clone builds so he can see what it's all about!

I'd love to do a MK12 someday but that's an expensive build if you do it as authentic as possible...

We need to get BangBang BangBang onboard with some clone builds so he can see what it's all about!

Yea it can be pricey for 100% if you decide to piece together the upper like you should with Douglas barrel. Even going the route of getting a BCM MK12 upper I'm looking at $3500 not including optic.

I think I’ve already got a pretty good idea what it’s all about.

It sounds like it’s pretty much like everything else in the gun hobby....

8102A898-10CA-443D-B45B-F61BABE8E3E8.gif

Ha, I wish!! For the Mega Arms AR15 billet lowers, you need to look at the Gator 3S (standard, rounded butt stock extension) vs the Gator 3H (heavy, octagonal butt stock extension area), and Gen 1 (roll pin bolt catch) vs Gen 2 (threaded/set screw bolt catch), AMBI or not, and the list goes on. Not too many choices on the forged lowers, which makes it easier.
I knew about the 3S and 3H difference. One being made for standard forged uppers and the other being for the Mega billet upper, but I had no idea about the Gen1 vs Gen2 roll pin thing.

You just taught me something.

:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom