• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Colt snake guns don't suck, but......

Yes Sir. I shoot mine or get rid of them. If I don't like how they shoot they are History. However I don't think I have ever owned one that didn't shoot good.

Last edited:
That is true. Plus it was recommended to fire only 158 grain rounds in the M19 K frames and similar model .357s. An inconvenience for anyone who shoots hundreds of rounds a day through the gun. The only downside to owning a Ruger, it looks like a Ruger.
:spit:
All of these have a place in my collection. I have owned Pythons, Smiths, and Rugers over the last 50 years. All 3 Companies have made guns that are classics. I have Pythons and would hate to be without one. I have S&Ws and Rugers and would hate to think I could not have one. I am Retired Army and in the early 70s bought my first Python, a 4 In Nickel for $200. Bought a Ruger Flat Top 44 Mag made in 1958 for a few bucks and own and have previously owned several S&Ws. Pythons were made with an arm that holds the cylinder when fired and was made to wear in time and be replaced, which made them very accurate. I have fired many rounds with Pythons and have never had one get out of time. I love all of them. When I first bought a Python the S&W 66 and the 29 were so scarce that you had to pay double, if you could find one. The good part about owning guns is if you get quality you are investing in something you love to do. Lots of good points in this thread. Bottom line is buy what you like for what you want to pay. The Pythons and the Special Smiths and Rugers sell for what the public says they are worth. I don't think Pythons or Smiths or the Old Rugers will decline in value. There are no factories that can make them like they used to be made, for what they can make and sell them for now. Just my opinion. I love all of them and they have been a great part of my life, and something I enjoy owning and shooting. There is something special about owning a piece of history or something your Dad or Grandfather owned that is Priceless. This is especially true at Christmas time when remembering back to days gone by. When companies took pride in what they made. It is our Heritage by the way. Hold on to it.
Great post!
Just happy to see discussion about that most wonderful of handguns, the revolver. Your brand preference within the genre is a matter of personal taste, your selection of the the revolver as the action type of choice reveals the excellency of your character.
:thumb:

The snake bubble is coming! The market is sure to crash and burn. With that said you should cash in and sell every snake and colt you have to me. Get out while you still can!! :pop2:

That is true. Plus it was recommended to fire only 158 grain rounds in the M19 K frames and similar model .357s. An inconvenience for anyone who shoots hundreds of rounds a day through the gun. The only downside to owning a Ruger, it looks like a Ruger.

rugers have a tank-ish utilitarian look to them so they tend not to be show guns, alos the new hogue grips they use really are not that universal for different size hands so i advise going to the original style

i prefer to think that ruger engineering department are nearly deaf and when theyre told 38 special they hear 44 magnum which would account for their overbuilt nature. smiths are like pieces of artwork trimmed away at to give them a beautiful elegant shape and cut down on weight in strategic places

i like the way ruger revolvers absorb recoil i carry one as edc
View attachment 333091

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom