• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coming soon. Y'all stay tuned.

I know what that truck is and you are correct it is the $ truck let me know when your are ready to price it . Time for a crown refill i do not have to work tomorrow ...

I'm just having a few Keystone Ice tall boys. I gotta be at work at the port at 7:00 AM. I just got a yob at International Auto Processors driving Hyudais and Kias from one lot to another. So my drinking time has taken a hit.
So you aren't working nights doing floors?

I want to ask you some questions about buying a used car or truck. My 5R55s tranny in the Explorer went tits up last night after a hard drive to Nashville and back. I'm thinking about buying a reman and keeping it (2006 Eddie Bauer) going a year longer. I've never owned a pickup but am thinking about trying one (used).

I know what that truck is and you are correct it is the $ truck let me know when your are ready to price it . Time for a crown refill i do not have to work tomorrow ...
Damn dude for what you're paying for that Crown you could drink some decent liquor. Just kidding. Some folks love Crown. I'm just not a big Canadian whiskey fan. I mean it's okay but Crown is too sweet. It reminds me a little of Southern Comfort which is just disgusting.
Oh cool! Charlie Brown Christmas is on ABC. Wait was was I talking about? Oh yeah old trucks and good/bad liquor. PM me and I'll put you in direct contact with the owner. It's not a big hurry and nobody will put the hard sell on you because I know this truck will sell. When I first joined this site we had a 67 C10 short bed step side that I listed here. Everybody told me if it was a 327 instead of the old in line 6 it would sell quick. But if it had been an original V8 truck it would be been hot rodded and butchered long before we got it. As it was we got it with original air cleaner. And I had no problem selling it either.
Anyway next time buy some Bourbon or Scotch.

So you aren't working nights doing floors?

I want to ask you some questions about buying a used car or truck. My 5R55s tranny in the Explorer went tits up last night after a hard drive to Nashville and back. I'm thinking about buying a reman and keeping it (2006 Eddie Bauer) going a year longer. I've never owned a pickup but am thinking about trying one (used).
I'm not quite following you here. But yeah if you intend to replace a broke transmission by all means get a reman from a reputable company. Just last week @Nitrousfdlx axed me about buying a 98 Accord coupe V6 from a co-worker with a bad automatic. I told him ALL 98 to about 02 Accords with automatics had or will soon have a bad transmission. And if you buy one from a salvage yard or even LKQ you will be buying and installing the same problem you already have.
Anyway what kind of truck you lookin' at? The local ( only) used lot here in Darien has a first gen Tundra regular cab long bed and for some reason that's a good looking truck to me. But it probably has 3.5 million miles on it and costs way too much. So...

The Crown was a gift from a friend Way Way better than southern comfort that is some nasty sweet $h*^. lets get to Kentucky for some real brown liquor . AMEN

I'm not quite following you here.
The money part. I think the right play is to buy a reman tranny and have that installed in the Exporer by Chapman or Riverside and 'save up' while looking for a replacement vehicle. You seem to know a lot about used cars. I'll be looking for a SUV or pickup. Under $30K if possible. Tech, towing and luxury packages are not important to me. I'd like to know what you think are the most dependable (generally) options.

The money part. I think the right play is to buy a reman tranny and have that installed in the Exporer by Chapman or Riverside and 'save up' while looking for a replacement vehicle. You seem to know a lot about used cars. I'll be looking for a SUV or pickup. Under $30K if possible. Tech, towing and luxury packages are not important to me. I'd like to know what you think are the most dependable (generally) options.
Well you just saw me post about that first gen Tundra,right? And that hurts me because I really LOVE Ford f series trucks. But if you have to depend on one truck or vehicle from now on it's kind of hard NOT to go with some type of Toyota. When I ran the junk yard these smelly guys from I think Egypt would come around maybe once a month looking for Toyota trucks and Isuzu diesel trucks and parts. They knew what worked.
I dig what you're saying about all the bells and whistles not being important. Just yesterday I drove a new Hyundai Genesis G90 through the car wash at work. That car has an MSRP over $50K. Yes, for a damn Hyundai. It's so expensive that there aint a regular Hyundai emblem on it anywhere. It's got kind of an Audi ripoff grille and a winged hood emblem which looks a lot like a Bentley emblem. But my question here is... What's the ****ing point? A Hyundai is supposed to be a WAY under $20K car that you drive until it dies and get another one.
Anyway...trucks...it's hard to find ANY kind of deal on a truck new or used. I've noticed that most any Dakota you find is cheaper than pretty much any other make and model. One reason for that is being discontinued in 2012. If it's not crazy expensive to fix what you have then that's the way to go.

I worked in Jesup for a while and when I moved to Athens I found out that a SB PU of that vintage with bring $300-400 more in South GA. than around here. When I moved there were some dealers who would come up here on the weekends, drive around to the flea markets, front yards, but a truck or two, take it back south, and make $500-600 for their troubles. S. GA. boys have a real thing for the stepside SB.

Back
Top Bottom