• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Communication when trying to buy/sale

last.son.of.krypton

Default rank <50 posts Supporter
Outdoorsman
9   0
Reaction score
I am on here pretty much every day. However, I rarely sale anything, and I seldom see anything that gets me interested enough to try and buy. What is the general rule of thumb on communication through PM's if you're trying to buy?

Long story short...
I had contacted a fellow member about an item for sale (PM). He got back to me immediately. I had asked a question, and he said he would check and get back to me. I told him I was wanting to buy...then he goes silent...for three days. The item is still up for sale, and I sent a couple more PM's just to ask if the item was still for sale. No response.

Am I being too butthurt, or is there a general rule for how selling should go on OT. First come, first serve? I'm not exactly clear on the etiquette I guess. The few transactions I've had have been great, and I wanted to know what generally is considered normal transaction protocol.

Thanks

and if this is the wrong forum section let me know where to post this

Finally! A buy sale thread breaking new ground! Now this can finally be resloved! Kudos! Let the clouds be parted and may the ODT trading gods forever shine on you!

I really thought I was going to have to figure this out myself!

Maybe he had something critical come up.....life happens...
Now if you look and see if he has in fact been on here,that is different! Off with the heads

I drink and go on here. I forget crap all of the time

I am on here pretty much every day. However, I rarely sale anything, and I seldom see anything that gets me interested enough to try and buy. What is the general rule of thumb on communication through PM's if you're trying to buy?

Long story short...
I had contacted a fellow member about an item for sale (PM). He got back to me immediately. I had asked a question, and he said he would check and get back to me. I told him I was wanting to buy...then he goes silent...for three days. The item is still up for sale, and I sent a couple more PM's just to ask if the item was still for sale. No response.

Am I being too butthurt, or is there a general rule for how selling should go on OT. First come, first serve? I'm not exactly clear on the etiquette I guess. The few transactions I've had have been great, and I wanted to know what generally is considered normal transaction protocol.

Thanks

and if this is the wrong forum section let me know where to post this

generally the only "rule" is nothing is for sure until a meeting place and time are set. Now most members on here will stick to their word and if they say something they stick with it, similarly if they say they will sell something for a price they stick to that price, now some on here are out to maximize every trade they can so will screw over whoever they can and take whatever the highest bidder is. Now all that being said do you know for certain this member has been on here after he said he would check. Many members will post something and not check for a couple days so always be patient

I don't know if the member in question has been on here since we last spoke. After the immediate response, and then nothing for a few days, it just got me wondering. I understand things come up, and I'm in no way thinking that I 'deserve' to be contacted in such and such time frame. I was just wondering.

The only thing I saw about the member's activity, was another member had left them feedback since I have been in contact. Thanks everybody for the responses. I really do appreciate it!

I don't know if the member in question has been on here since we last spoke. After the immediate response, and then nothing for a few days, it just got me wondering. I understand things come up, and I'm in no way thinking that I 'deserve' to be contacted in such and such time frame. I was just wondering.

The only thing I saw about the member's activity, was another member had left them feedback since I have been in contact. Thanks everybody for the responses. I really do appreciate it!

generally you can click on their screen name and it will tell you the last tiem they were online but some have this feature blocked and it sometimes can be inaccurate if they use odt on their phone but its at least a way to get an idea if they have been on or not. Now they very well may have sold the item as well as at any point during your questioning someone may have just sent him an I'll take it and set up a meeting. For the most part an i'll take it will take precedent over someone asking questions about an item. I've had the same thing happen to me where i was aksing about something and then someone else just snatched it up without asking any questions, sometimes you just gotta be willing to pull the trigger and hope for the best.

generally you can click on their screen name and it will tell you the last tiem they were online but some have this feature blocked and it sometimes can be inaccurate if they use odt on their phone but its at least a way to get an idea if they have been on or not. Now they very well may have sold the item as well as at any point during your questioning someone may have just sent him an I'll take it and set up a meeting. For the most part an i'll take it will take precedent over someone asking questions about an item. I've had the same thing happen to me where i was aksing about something and then someone else just snatched it up without asking any questions, sometimes you just gotta be willing to pull the trigger and hope for the best.

I really appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom