• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Competency-based Handgun, September 11, Powder Springs GA

cmshoot

Marines Icon
Staff member
194   0
Reaction score
Precision Applications, LLC will be holding a Competency-based Handgun Course in Powder Springs GA on Saturday, September 11, 2021.

Class will start at 0800hrs and run until approximately 1700hrs, with a 1 hour break for lunch.

This course is unlike the classes we normally offer. Our Competency-based course consists of drills that are timed and scored. Students will be given a copy of all the drills and standards after the course. These drills can be used for practice and to gauge your individual progress over time. The Instructors will show you how to modify the drills to set attainable goals that gradually get more difficult.

The drills will work on such skill sets as drawing/presentations, reloads, use of cover, shooting while moving, multiple threat engagement, weapon transitions, and more.

Students will be given the opportunity to shoot the Tactical Pistol Course for score. Pass and you will be awarded a Challenge Coin.

Gear list:
Handgun with holster (revolver or semi-automatic)
Magazines/speedloaders. If your handgun holds 12 or more rounds, a minimum of 2 reloads on your person is recommended. If your handgun holds less than 12 rounds, then 4 reloads are recommended
Pouch for your reloading devices
500rds of handgun ammunition
Eye and ear protection
Hat with a front brim
Plenty of water

Your particular gear is up to you. The drills will be a mix of concealed carry and open.

Dress appropriately for the weather, whatever it will be. Comfortable attire and shoes/boots are a must. Bring plenty of water. You can pack a lunch, or eat nearby.

The course is limited to 20 students. Course fee is $250, to be paid in advance. We accept checks, money orders, cash, discrete PayPal (you pay the 3.5% fees), Venmo, and CashApp. Your spot is not guaranteed until your course fee is received.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Semper Fi!

The vast majority of folks that routinely carry handguns think they go to the range and “train”. The fact is, most are plinking, but they ain’t training. Most don’t know HOW to train, and how to see how effective their training is.

This course will give you quite a bit of usable knowledge in how to build, modify, and keep track of your training, along with a solid selection of drills to start your training portfolio.

This is a great class and an awesome set of drills to baseline and start your "real" training regimen. I've taken it twice and it is real eye opener being under pressure of a PACT timer with your peers watching all of your mistakes.

Can you give me a list of upcoming classes? I live in Powder Springs and would like to do everything from handgun to precision rifle with an instructor thats near me. Thanks!

Can you give me a list of upcoming classes? I live in Powder Springs and would like to do everything from handgun to precision rifle with an instructor thats near me. Thanks!

Upcoming courses being held by Precision Applications, LLC:

June 19: AR Builders Course
$250
Marietta GA

July 24: Close Personal Protective Measures
$250
Marietta GA

August 14: CCW Handgun Tactics & Techniques
$250
Powder Springs GA

September 11: Competency-based Handgun
$250