• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Competition-focused pistol classes

Stubb

Default rank <300 posts Lifetime Supporter
Tracker
1   0
Reaction score
I'm teaching a pair of classes at South River Gun Club next month for shooters looking to up their game. Class descriptions and sign-up links are below. Despite the name, 90% of the material applies to PCC and you wouldn't be the first PCC student.

I'm a USPSA Production GM who's trained extensively with Ben Stoeger and Ron Avery.

Feel free to contact me with any questions (andreas@yank.to).

Competition Handgun Basics (9 March 2019)

You will learn the essential skills for shooting in a freestyle environment like action pistol competition (USPSA, GADPA, IDPA, Steel Challenge, pistol component of 3-Gun). This includes grip, aiming, and trigger control at speed; drawing, reloading, and transitioning the pistol between targets; and moving aggressively with a loaded firearm. You will also learn malfunction clearances, shooting one handed, and transitioning the pistol between hands. You will shoot drills that you can easily set up in your own practice and receive a high degree of individual coaching tailored toward your present abilities and shooting goals.

Target audience is up to USPSA B class.

Max class size is 8 students. Expect to shoot ~500 rounds but bring extra just in case. We’ll start at 9:00 and wrap up by 17:00.

https://practiscore.com/events/competition-handgun-basics/participants/create

Competition Handgun Skill Builder (16 March 2019)

You will learn the critical skills that deliver the most improvement in match results: grip, trigger control, transitions, and shot calling for fast and accurate shooting, overlapping shooting and moving to minimize time spent not scoring points, and mental game to shoot your best on match day. Other skills like draws and reloads are addressed along the way. You will shoot drills that you can easily set up in your own practice and receive a high degree of individual coaching tailored toward your present abilities and shooting goals.

Target audience is people wanting to get out of USPSA B class up to M class.

Max class size is 8 students. Expect to shoot ~700 rounds but bring extra just in case. We’ll start at 9:00 and wrap up by 17:00.

https://practiscore.com/events/competition-handgun-skill-builder-2/participants/create

Skill Builder class is full. Email me (andreas@yank.to) if you'd like on the wait list or to get a notification the next time it's run.

Back
Top Bottom