• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Competition Ready Solutions Glock Mag extension

kb34

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
37   0
Reaction score
So I bought a Competition Ready solutions Glock +5/+6 Mag extension from LWD on sale and been having some issues.

When I get +3 in, it is really hard to push down for another round. And when I finally do get another round in for +4, the follower gets stuck at the bottom of the mag and I have to smack it to get it to release. The extension came with a new spring, which I put in with it. And I do not see any burrs or anything catching the follower. Any one know what the issue might be?

This mag worked great until I put it on, so I don't know what's up with it. I'm fine with getting an additional 3 rounds but would like to be able to get all 6 additional rounds or at least 5 additional. This is my first time using a + size mag extension so I don't know if I need to just let the mag sit to compress the spring a little or what, I left it over night with 20 rounds in and will try again after work to see.

Thanks.

Leave it loaded with the most rounds you can fit for a few days. Then keep "Breaking it in" for a few range trips. I bought several Zev extensions for Glock Pmags and they work great. I did leave them loaded for a week.

I am unfamiliar with the make/model that you have. I do have a couple of mags with the +8? Taylor Freelance extension. I had to do some bevel filing on the bottom egde of the mag follower to get it to smoothly pass below the joint where the extension was added.

I am unfamiliar with the make/model that you have. I do have a couple of mags with the +8? Taylor Freelance extension. I had to do some bevel filing on the bottom egde of the mag follower to get it to smoothly pass below the joint where the extension was added.

I tried some of that. Didnt work. I’m just gonna treat it as a +3

Back
Top Bottom