• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete Internet Shutdown??

Most everything these days including food and fuel is JIT shipping. While in the old days individuals would keep up with the shipping and scheduling, loss of computers and Internet would severely cripple our distribution system. The infrastructure and knowledgebase required to get it done manually is not there any more. Inventory of things folks depend on would disappear from local availability overnight.

Depending on what aspects of the net is attacked it could be a major event. As noted a vast majority of distribution now relies on connectivity, not to mention vast amounts of commercial activities, think of all the online purchases ceasing, huge financial impact. Financial institutions would be hit hard as well. Your credit / debit cards could stop working. Get your paycheck deposited electronically ? Power grid shutdown ?

I’m only concerned if GPS goes down. I will no longer be able to find my way out of the driveway.
I can live without GPS but I’d be seriously screwed without autocorrect and spellcheck.

Those two things have honestly made me so much dumber than I was before they came along.

Depending on what aspects of the net is attacked it could be a major event. As noted a vast majority of distribution now relies on connectivity, not to mention vast amounts of commercial activities, think of all the online purchases ceasing, huge financial impact. Financial institutions would be hit hard as well. Your credit / debit cards could stop working. Get your paycheck deposited electronically ? Power grid shutdown ?
Got to get into a semi-prepper mentality. Stock up at least a month's supply of food, water, fuel, cash. Then pray it's just a short term event. Beyond that it'll probably start to look like Forstchen's "One Second After".

Back
Top Bottom