• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Complete newbie wanting an AR and needing advice

C776E27B-C22B-4FCB-9007-4B4964F85176.gif

P paisa777 in that price range I would go to Sons of Liberty Gunworks and see what they have on special. Common for them to have carbines on sale down into the $900’s. Like this one: https://sonsoflibertygunworks.com/c...e-sl-black-friday-special?variant=10455647553

While it is a subject that will start as many arguments as anything else around here, in my professional opinion a good AR in 5.56, set up properly and loaded with the right ammo, is an outstanding choice for home security. I wouldn’t hesitate to use one for that purpose.

1. Handguns are harder to employ accurately than a lightweight carbine

2. Handguns are harder to employ accurately while simultaneously operating a white light than a carbine

3. A shotgun is not nearly as easy for a novice to operate as a 5.56 carbine is.

4. Other than Army LtGen’s and CNN reporters, few folks have an issue running a 5.56 AR accurately at close range.

All, I appreciate the feedback and the help. In regards to home defense, I understand that having some handguns and shotguns is ideal rather than using a rifle. But the reason I said that is because I assume that if I have to defend my home, I'm using any weapon I can. Since I don't hunt, I didn't want to say that I want an AR just because, so target shooting and defense would be the next logical choice.

All, I appreciate the feedback and the help. In regards to home defense, I understand that having some handguns and shotguns is ideal rather than using a rifle. But the reason I said that is because I assume that if I have to defend my home, I'm using any weapon I can. Since I don't hunt, I didn't want to say that I want an AR just because, so target shooting and defense would be the next logical choice.

Put a bumpstock on it and be done with it.....

Back
Top Bottom