• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Components

typically buy your primers and powder bulk online from powder valley or other such places. if you post up here I"m sure you can find a few folks that would like to order a few pounds of a few thousand primers (I'd be glad to throw in some extras on someones order and split fees). I tend to stock up every so often but sometimes need a pound or two of something or a few thousand primers (looking for Federal GMM large rifle primers currently).

bullets you can buy anywhere you find deals with what you are looking for. plated, FMJ, JHP, etc. Try to find someone that ships USPS flat rate (cheaper for bullets). Everyone has their own sources for what they are looking for (higher quality vs. bulk stuff).

If you need something quick and/or don't need high volume stuff, you can find deals here and there locally. Look for sales or know your pricing ahead of time. Bass Pro Shops, Cabelas when they have sales can be decent prices. TruPrep, Sportsmans Warehouse (Chattanooga), Midway USA, Mid South Shooters Supply, etc.

^^^ Powder valley has often the best prices. I try to order in bulk to save shipping cost. Hazmat fees apply to primers and I buy in bulk 5K.

It's sometimes the same or close to buy primers at the national gun show or local if around $25/K.

Bullets are where you can lose a lot of saving. I shoot lead cast .380, 9mm, 40 S&W/10mm and .45 ACP. Several makers offer decent process, Missouri bullet company use to do a Mil/Leo discount and if ask often they will give it. However, GA arms sells a really fine bullet for a bit extra.

For copper jacketed I use Precision Delta the cost includes shipping. I still won't shoot plated unless it's closer to lead cast price then sure but it's not.

Zero copper jacketed bullets were pretty good too but dang if they ever keep them in stock for us lowly reloaders.

When I was shooting USPSA, any time one of us on out team needed something, we would do a group buy from powder valley and split up the Haz/shipping. Bullets, different story. Personally I was shooting Montana Gold 9 mil's and always ordered the best rate amount.

I happened to be in Clemson SC today and found a great store with decent prices for reloading components. Grady's had the powder, primers and projectiles I needed. 1 lb of h110 was $27 and 1lb of cafe pistols was $25. Picked up Lyman 49th reloading hand book for $16.49.

I happened to be in Clemson SC today and found a great store with decent prices for reloading components. Grady's had the powder, primers and projectiles I needed. 1 lb of h110 was $27 and 1lb of cafe pistols was $25. Picked up Lyman 49th reloading hand book for $16.49.

That's more than I'm willing to pay for powder, but if you're just getting started, I guess it might be worth buying until you find the powder(s) you like. On the NE side of Atlanta, David's Gun Room in Duluth, Bullseye in Lawrenceville, and Forsyth County Pawn usually have components. Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville carries a few components. The Outdoor Depot in Gainesville used to have a decent selection of powders, but haven't been in there in 3+ years.

For powders and primers I usually wait till the gunshow comes around town and I buy in bulk, by the time you factor in hazmat it is pretty much a wash. Can usually pick-up 8lb jug of powder for $165 and primers usually for $25 per 1k.

For 9mm bullets I usually by lead hi-tek coated from these guys:
https://www.blackbulletsinternational.com/
http://www.bayoubullets.net/

For rifle and high end stuff I get it here, you can usually get some good deals on their blems and overuns:
http://www.shootersproshop.com/

Back
Top Bottom