• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Components

That's more than I'm willing to pay for powder, but if you're just getting started, I guess it might be worth buying until you find the powder(s) you like. On the NE side of Atlanta, David's Gun Room in Duluth, Bullseye in Lawrenceville, and Forsyth County Pawn usually have components. Georgia Gun Store in Gainesville carries a few components. The Outdoor Depot in Gainesville used to have a decent selection of powders, but haven't been in there in 3+ years.

At this point I'm just tinkering. I wanted to try reloading .300 blackout, 9mm and .308. Once I know what I like I can shop accordingly. This is definitely interesting, endless combinations, lots of material out there to read. My goal is quality ammo, something made with a little more care regarding accuracy. I'm no bench rest competitor, but I do like seeing my shots through the same hole.

The cheapest way currently is to hook up with a local gun club, usually a shotgun club, and all of them of which I am aware have group purchases when they re-order targets. It's a technique more suited for the high volume loader, but it's the way to go if you want to order 1000lbs of lead shot, or 50,000 primers. No shipping, no haz mat, no sales tax.

Venders like Gamaliel just throw if all on the truck. If you only want 1000 primers and you want them right now, it's not a good way, because you have to wait until the club is getting its order together.

At this point I'm just tinkering. I wanted to try reloading .300 blackout, 9mm and .308. Once I know what I like I can shop accordingly. This is definitely interesting, endless combinations, lots of material out there to read. My goal is quality ammo, something made with a little more care regarding accuracy. I'm no bench rest competitor, but I do like seeing my shots through the same hole.
I was in Bullseye yesterday in Lawrenceville. They have a large selection of powder in stock, most priced around $25/lb. If you're looking for selection, this is the best I've seen in 5-6 years.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BTW, this is a follow up to my previous post about bulk orders, cause like most things these days, it takes a while for me to remember it. CRS disease.

The National Sporting Clays Assoc. U.S. Open (big shoot) is going to be at Big Red Oak, Gay. GA. on June 5-June 11, 2017. Gamaliel is a major sponsor and runs a special where they will deliver anything with no shipping and no hazmat (truckloads and truckloads). Serious shotgun reloaders use this opportunity to order pallets of lead shot, and lbs. and lbs. of powder. As far as I know, you don't have to be a registrant at the shoot (lots of skeet shooters order stuff). You have to contact Gamaliel to make arrangements.

Also, generally, if you are interested in anything shotguns, this is the event to go to, especially if you are looking for that "special shotgun". Also there are top level gunsmiths who can do choke work, stock work over the course of the week.

A lot of ammo companies will have specials during the shoot too.

Bullseye in L'ville had a bunch of Federal primers when I was there last Fri. Around $25/1K. I know it's a long way, but....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom