• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Compound Bow Tuning Recommendations

flyfisherman

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
272   0
Reaction score
Unfortunately a torn rotator cuff caused me to put my bow on the shelf for a few years. I believe the injury has recovered to the point where I can start again. I have a 10 year old Redhead Kronic, it is a Bass Pro private label manufactured by Diamond if I remember correctly.

The season before my injury a friend recommended I pull to the nose rather than the cheek. He made some adjustments, primarily to the sight. Perhaps my resistance to change combined with the fact that I first learned to pull to the cheek contributed to my never growing fully accustomed to the switch.

I am looking for a recommendation for a bow tuner that can switch my setup back and examine and replace the bowstring if necessary. I scrolled through a few pages on this forum and saw: Mitch's in Canton, 2nd Chance Archery in Cumming, and Backwoods Bowstrings in Woodstock.

I am looking for other recommendations as well, at least one of the above appears to specialize in building bows and may not want or have the time to work on mine. I considered going back to Bass where I purchased the bow but I recall it being somewhat hit or miss 10 years ago, there was one good bowsmith there at that time but he was part time and no one seemed to know his schedule.

Thank you in advance for the recommendations.
Flyfisherman

I believe the guy at 2nd Chance "specializes" in Obsessions and possibly Mathews bows, but I wouldnt think he would refuse to work on anything else. I've never personally used him. There was an old guy in Woodstock, Nontypical Archery, but I'm not sure if he is still around. If he is, he's pretty good, but he will talk forever.

Back
Top Bottom