• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conceal carrying in Hospital? Legal or not?

yyr2288

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been discussed somewhere else. I've tried to find other similar threads but may not have look hard enough.

So, this afternoon I will be visiting Gwinnett hospital with my wife. I've been trying to research GA gun law on hospital carry, can't seems to find any definitive answer. Some thread says you cannot carry in government owned hospital, while others say as long as there's no security checkpoint then you're fine.

Of course I have ccw license. I wish to conceal conceal something with me while I'm there because We'll be there till dark. But I don't want to end up breaking laws unintentionally. Can someone shed some light on this matter? It would be greatly appreciated if you can also point out exactly where in the law that says carrying in hospital is legal or not legal.

Thanks!

Legal until they ask you to leave as far as I'm aware only government buildings are a you bring it in you're automatically arrested place.

check with georgiacarry.org they probably have it in the FAQ somewhere

Sometimes it gets confusing in hospitals. If the hospital Authority meets in the hospital some might consider that a government body.

I bet there is a sign on the door that says no weapons. Kives or guns not allowed. Saw this in Coweta at the Hospital last week.

They wont even let you in with a pocket knife

When my dad died i had to go to grady, forgot about my knife. I had to get in to see my mom and help her. The security guard says "no knives" at the metal detector. I cant go put in car, i ask if he can hold it for me, he says no (even though that son-uv-a-bitch had a 5inch folder clipped to his pocket). So i go outside and try to put it in a potted plant. Of course all the homeless junkie ****bags out there must have seen me walk over there and so someone stole it.

Whatever, i had more pressing things to concern myself with. I could give a damn if grady burned to the ground, only good it does is keep junkies and gangbangers alive. /end rant

It would be unusual for the Hospital to Allow Weapons on property. Most all Hospitals have Signs Posted Entering their Property of No Weapons and also Signs usually around the entrances. Private Property Worst Case they ask you to leave or leave it in your vehicle. That being said, the old saying don't ask don't tell always comes into play. Unless they have Metal Detectors.

Back
Top Bottom