• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed Carry at Woodruff Arts Center for Atlanta Symphony Orchestra?

PanfishInAPan

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
1   0
Reaction score
Last thread on this was 4 years old so I thought I’d ask for some new info…
Has anyone gone to the Woodruff Arts Center recently? Do they have metal detectors or wands? Thanks!

Update: got in just fine, no metal detectors or wands. They were only concerned about seeing my vaccination card and matching photo ID

From a quick look at their website it appears to be a private organization, not a government building, nor is it affiliated with any school that I know of.

(this is something to watch out for when you go to a museum or theater --that you are not going onto a college campus where special gun restrictions apply.)

QUOTE:
The Woodruff Arts Center is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. All contributions are tax-deductible.

Tidbit of information: this place was originally called Memorial Arts Center, in memorial for 120 people from Georgia, wealthy white people who loved the visual and performing arts, who were killed in a plane crash in France in 1962.

Malcom X, then an emerging leader with the Nation of Islam celebrated by saying
Allah blessed us by killing 120 of those white people today, and I hope that another airplane will go down tomorrow, and the next day!

(Keep that in mind when your kids have to do a report on what a hero Malcolm X was as a school assignment.)

Last thread on this was 4 years old so I thought I’d ask for some new info…
Has anyone gone to the Woodruff Arts Center recently? Do they have metal detectors or wands? Thanks!
My last visit to the ASO was 12/2019. There were no metal detectors or wand wavers. I carry concealed there and the High Museum too.
Enjoy your visit.

Back
Top Bottom