• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed carry on your property

summer44 summer44 did you even read my post about the article?? Apparently not, though you are definitely triggered enough to quote me 3 times back to back. I put the first line of the quote from the article in BOLD, enlarged font and partially underlined. IF you didn't read it I would suggest you go back and read what I wrote. I never said anything about your home, only your land! It's is defined in the article as as well as the definition as defined by the state court that the 4th amendment of unlawful search and seizure does not apply to your land, only your home and/or person. So whether I am or was leo is irrelevant and none of your business. I may write penial code for all you know. Just because a person is or was leo doesn't make them authority on all GA codes. Not saying I am at all, just saying you need to try reading and researching a little bit. I also, said almost EXACTLY what you said in your 2 subsequent post to me. I said that LEO wasn't permitted to stop a citizen solely for identification purposes so thanks for restating what I already had. So I know you want to seem knowledgeable on the subject but you didn't address the key points of the quote from the article and validated everything else I said about being stopped for license check. Thank you for that.

So tell me, what would lead a wildlife officer from DNR to believe a dove field is baited if they could not see it from the public right of way? If they heard shotguns being fired, are they going to just roll up and check for bait? You bet they are. Maybe I'm just shooting skeet on my own private property. If they find bait there is nothing you can do about it either, no warrant or permission needed. Sir that is exactly what I said at the very beginning, DNR officers can go anywhere they want, even onto your private property without a warrant. That is not freedom...

summer44 summer44 did you even read my post about the article?? Apparently not, though you are definitely triggered enough to quote me 3 times back to back. I put the first line of the quote from the article in BOLD, enlarged font and partially underlined. IF you didn't read it I would suggest you go back and read what I wrote. I never said anything about your home, only your land! It's is defined in the article as as well as the definition as defined by the state court that the 4th amendment of unlawful search and seizure does not apply to your land, only your home and/or person. So whether I am or was leo is irrelevant and none of your business. I may write penial code for all you know. Just because a person is or was leo doesn't make them authority on all GA codes. Not saying I am at all, just saying you need to try reading and researching a little bit. I also, said almost EXACTLY what you said in your 2 subsequent post to me. I said that LEO wasn't permitted to stop a citizen solely for identification purposes so thanks for restating what I already had. So I know you want to seem knowledgeable on the subject but you didn't address the key points of the quote from the article and validated everything else I said about being stopped for license check. Thank you for that.

So tell me, what were make a wildlife officer from DNR believe a dove field is baited if they could not see it from the public right of way? If they heard shotguns, they are going to just roll up and check for bait? You bet they are. If they find bait there is nothing you can do about it either, no warrant or permission needed. Sir that is exactly what I said at the very beginning, DNR officers can go anywhere they want without a warrant.
Anywhere would include ones home would it not?
I only addressed the areas of your post I disagreed with. Second. You are hung up on ID vs demanding proof of a valid gwcl. I am also going to guess you are not an attorney either, although neither am I, however my wife is a retired DA.

summer44 summer44 I said anywhere they want regardless of fences or signage and after all that back and forth we are discussing semantics, like the definition of anywhere. Okay man, good chat. DNR can still come on your property anytime they want without a warrant or probable cause. That is a police state which was my entire point to begin with. Carry on good sir.

summer44 summer44 I said anywhere they want regardless of fences or signage and after all that back and forth we are discussing semantics, like the definition of anywhere. Okay man, good chat. DNR can still come on your property anytime they want without a warrant or probable cause. That is a police state which was my entire point to begin with. Carry on good sir.
Someone stated in this thread that a person could call DNR and say u had an illegally taken bird and the game warden could then show up and search ones home without consent or a warrant. That is not correct. Can the DNR come on your land without a warrant or pc, yes. If u disagree with that law lobby your ga Congress person to change the law, run for office yourself, donate to ordinations who oppose said laws.
I don't agree with an officer entering one's property looking for a crime either, or with any firearm restrictions at all. The only firearm law that I agree with is shall not be infringed. However I would not say we live in a police state, yet... good luck and carry on.

Someone stated in this thread that a person could call DNR and say u had an illegally taken bird and the game warden could then show up and search ones home without consent or a warrant.
Yes sir a DNR can. You said you were former LEO so why are you not now? A LEO can not ask to see your Carry Permit either. They can ask if you have one.
Your own links show that you are wrong on this point, yet you still cling to it like a life vest.

Back
Top Bottom