• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concealed carry on your property

For simple possession?
Mere possession doesn't constitute a crime.
Law doesn’t say “ your business” but “your place of business” I sometimes disagree with GAgun, but he is spot on with this point. You are doing business for or with your employer.
Management can fire you, and ask you to leave, and as you are not longer employed when you leave you cannot comeback and carry. You are not trespassing until asked to leave and you do not do so.
Assuming you drove to the work place You can leave and be fine legally if there are no other crimes being committed. Of course all this is assuming your job is not with the govt And/or in a high security scenario.
Far too many people don't read the employee handbooks that some even sign. But true, you may not get arrested at many places. Somebody give it a whirl!

My son is a recent Retired GSP and quite frankly he knows the law too. So contact your local DNR and be surprised, as I stated if the game warden has reason to search he can. Like I said before on the part you left out for folks to read, don’t lie or be a butt. If you’re an retired LEO you should know all that. You give it up, if you can’t prove they can’t. I can hang in with the best of them sir.
U should never lie to an leo, it is against the law. You don't have to answer any question either
My proof they can't The bill of rights to start with.
If what you say were true, everytime we wanted to search a house we would just call the dnr and say we heard suspect had illegal game in the refrigerator.
I would call warden Waddell and ask him but I don't want him to think I lost my mind with such a stupid question.

I actually had that happen. Was busting a few clays the day before dove season, out at the deer lease, and the game warden rolls up. He admitted that he thought some one was getting a jump on the season. We shot the breeze for a while, he went home, I went home, I don't see a problem.

A point you seem to keep missing is that all LEO have the right to go on to your property under the "open fields" doctrine. Many a marijuana patch has been located this way. Back in the day, stills were discovered the same way. The old time revenuers never got a warrant before they would bust up a still. Game Wardens have no more or less authority than any other LEO.

I actually had that happen. Was busting a few clays the day before dove season, out at the deer lease, and the game warden rolls up. He admitted that he thought some one was getting a jump on the season. We shot the breeze for a while, he went home, I went home, I don't see a problem.

A point you seem to keep missing is that all LEO have the right to go on to your property under the "open fields" doctrine. Many a marijuana patch has been located this way. Back in the day, stills were discovered the same way. The old time revenuers never got a warrant before they would bust up a still. Game Wardens have no more or less authority than any other LEO.

That's totally up to you if you care or not. I do, I think that's a problem. It's like saying I support the 2nd amendment but think "sensible gun laws are ok". Infringing on rights is wrong unilaterally whether I agree with the reason or not. I don't think LEO's should be allowed to go on someones property just to see if they can find any illegal activity. That's just me though...

Back
Top Bottom