• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

"Concealed" means "concealed" -screw the "no weapons allowed" sign.

There is certain demographics of trash that frequently visit that mall. All that **** is coming from ATL. There were alot of shootings/muggings at cumberland mall past few years. Havent stepped there in years and not really planning to. Let malls die off, still surprised malls are around.
ANY mall within reach of public transportation is a place in which NOT to shop, period.

Ummm....the OP is two years old? :noidea:
Yup. Revival!!! Still signs on the doors as you enter but no dogs or security. I’m sure there will be later in the evening. No worries walking through the mall tho…besides feeling like everyone is looking at me. As we left I said to my wife, “That is not the place for me”. There Are some rude ass people in there.

ANY mall within reach of public transportation is a place in which NOT to shop, period.
Georgia Square Mall in Athens is dead, dead, dead. Someone has a You Tube channel about dead malls, and it has a 30 minute video. It's on the bus line.

Doesn't even draw enough traffic to have the occasional shooting or gangfight.

Biggest threat is from the "unhoused" that live in and around it, breaking into your car.

Of course the mall closes at 7 p.m., so cuts down on the "witching hours".

Yup. Revival!!! Still signs on the doors as you enter but no dogs or security. I’m sure there will be later in the evening. No worries walking through the mall tho…besides feeling like everyone is looking at me. As we left I said to my wife, “That is not the place for me”. There Are some rude ass people in there.
Wife and I went to eat at Copeland’s by Cumberland a few years back. Us and one server were the only people ‘’not of color’’ in the place.
No one spoke to us in an unfriendly manner, or stared holes through us, just makes one uncomfortable to be out of their element, so to speak.

Also, sad to see all the malls going away, people’s tastes change, Covid didn’t help.

Lenox Mall used to be a great place to shop and eat until they put in the Marta station. It's like the rest of them now, you're taking your life in your hands just going there.
I would politely posit that Lenox did not immediately go to hell after the MARTA station was built. It was some years later. I remember well going in there in 1985, and it was still quite OK. And I took MARTA to get there, I shudder to remember... They were constructing that hotel above/around the MARTA station at the time, over in the NE corner of the parking lot. But it was a long time ago.

RAIN was still open upstairs. And the best Record Bar in Atlanta, back when the manager got to "curate" the artists stocked. (Ansley Turtles was second-best in my estimation.)

I think Phipps being across the street delayed its downfall for decades, maybe? It seems to have remained safe well into the 2000s.

I would politely posit that Lenox did not immediately go to hell after the MARTA station was built. It was some years later. I remember well going in there in 1985, and it was still quite OK. And I took MARTA to get there, I shudder to remember... They were constructing that hotel above/around the MARTA station at the time, over in the NE corner of the parking lot. But it was a long time ago.

RAIN was still open upstairs. And the best Record Bar in Atlanta, back when the manager got to "curate" the artists stocked. (Ansley Turtles was second-best in my estimation.)

I think Phipps being across the street delayed its downfall for decades, maybe? It seems to have remained safe well into the 2000s.
96 after the Olympics was our last foray into the ATL after a horrific experience at the underground peach drop.
Before that we where frequent visitors to dine and take in a show and after that we swore off the city altogether.

Lenox Square was built in bus lines. You can be sure that Rich's made sure of that.

My uncle was the architect for Lenox, and the "Space Gulf Station" was a nationally recognized work.

My father built the free standing liquor store behind the mall proper, and it was a real work of art. Real terrazzo floors, redwood beams from California. I believe it has been torn down now. He also built the Ramada Inn across Lenox Road from the mall, He built a building fro Second Church of Christ Scientist just down Peachtree, on which I made my short contribution to the construction trades.

So we were pretty well in on the history of Lenox up through the 1970s/

Problem solver, works every time, smart carry, or possum pouch holsters
th

Back
Top Bottom