• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Concert tickets?

Beach Boys in 1966 , I think. The Ohio State Fair. Think it was 50 cents . Saw Seeger play a roller skating rink in Swanton Ohio Saw Terry Knight and the Pack in 1967 , changed their name shortly their after . Strawberry Alarm Clock 1967 , guitarist ( Ed ) moved to Jacksonville , joined some local boys and got famous .

Damn dude, that hurt. Pssssst, know where I can get tickets?
LOL, a buddy of mine got 4 tix (online somewhere) so we could take our wives. We must be looking to relive our childhood! Hopefully will be fun. Similarly, we saw KC and Sunshine band, and that was a good show. Just simple fun music we used to do the bump to lol

I get the idea that now the entire model for concert tickets is that they get bought instantaneously when they go up for sale using some kind of software. The tickets change hands a few times between middlemen and then they finally end up for sale at Stub Hub for 10 or 20 times the original price. I remember being a teenager and going to the back of the record store to buy tickets for a concert and walking out with actual tickets at list price. This is an example of e-commerce making everything worse. I wonder how many sold out shows end up with empty seats when the concert starts.
It's the same system the Dem's used to steal the election.

Damn I feel old. I have no idea who Volbeat or TSO are!?!? I do know who the Black Crows are though so hah! “She never mentions the word addiction, in certain company”. Love it.
Ironically, Volbeat has been around for quite a while, though they are a Dutch band. They're getting a lot more air-time with their newer releases.
TSO: Trans Siberian Orchestra. I know you've heard their stuff, though you might not know it was them.

This is why I LOVE seeing TSO LIVE!

They do not release all of the seats/tickets for sale at the same time like they use to. They release select tickets in different sections and different prices to gauge demand. Then they release more and adjust prices accordingly. They may go up or they may go down In price Depending on demand.
The seats you see available from the original ticket provider are not necessarily all that’s left, it’s just what has been released. They can add VIP, Platinum etc. Packages as demand warrants. They squeeze every freakin dime they can out of every show.

Mother’s Finest and Aerosmith at the Omni in the late 70’s. $10 a pop and I thought that was high (pun intended). Kiss at Atlanta Fulton County Stadium in mid 70’s. $8. Best concert I’ve ever been to. My mother took me and 5 of my buddies in a Comet station wagon and dropped us off and picked us up. My mom is awesome.
That’s the first concert I drove to. I was 15. 1979 I believe. MF blew Aerosmith off the stage.

Camping out on the sidewalk of Turtles to be first in line to get to the ticket window when they went on sale.

This practice of letting Stub Hub buy up all the tix in an instant for resale shouldn’t be allowed IMO.
All that shows that they turn a blind eye to stub hubs scalping but an individual runs the risk of arrest & or fines for resale at a profit
We use to camp out at the Turtles across the street from Southlake mall. And later at the mall.

Back
Top Bottom