• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

redacted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ODT, I am new here.

First off, I am only 16 years old. This question involves two friends, but I will not use their real names. We can call them Bob and Jim. Bob's grandfather was in World War II, and he brought back a 1911 along with some other guns. When Bob's father died, he left Bob all of his grandfather's the guns. Bob kept them in his room, because his mother hated them and would have nothing to do with them. The other night, Bob had Jim come over. They were playing around with the 1911, and were not exercising proper gun safety. Bob accidentally shot a .45 FMJ straight through his own neck. He was taken to the ICU and is now okay(relatively speaking). The police came and took the 1911 as evidence, as well as all of the other guns he had, and said that they would not return them because they were "unregistered handguns", and that after inspection they would be destroyed. I was under the impression that many firearms were brought back from World War II as war trophies, and that they didn't have to be registered. Am I wrong? Were the police allowed to take all of those guns? I realize that they would have to take the 1911 as evidence, but I didn't think they can take ALL of the guns. Even if the police didn't return the guns to him because he is a minor, I though that they would be returned to his parent.

Thank you,
Firawen

hmmm.....I am going to say at most the gun was less tan 10 to 15 feet away from the kid when it went off . When i was a police officer I saw what a 45 through the neck at 20 feet did to someone and it was not survivable. I have a real hard time believing this story . If this is a true story I do apologize and pray your buddy makes a full recovery. In GA there is no law that requires you to register a semi auto hand gun however if this gun was deemed to be used during a crime which this may be considered a crime i.e under age kids playing with a loaded hand gun unsupervised then the cops could seize it as evidence.

hmmm.....I am going to say at most the gun was less tan 10 to 15 feet away from the kid when it went off . When i was a police officer I saw what a 45 through the neck at 20 feet did to someone and it was not survivable. I have a real hard time believing this story . If this is a true story I do apologize and pray your buddy makes a full recovery. In GA there is no law that requires you to register a semi auto hand gun however if this gun was deemed to be used during a crime which this may be considered a crime i.e under age kids playing with a loaded hand gun unsupervised then the cops could seize it as evidence.

uh huh... I agree... someone has a good imagination... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom