• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Confused, I had a handgun shipped from Bud's to a local FFL dealer and he telling me

i.imgur.com_CAqDHZv.gif

regardless, there is no waiting period in georgia unless you do your 4473 and are delayed. Unless its changed, the atf has 3 business days to get back to the dealer to deny or else the dealer can go ahead and transfer. Now what it looks like your saying is your dealer doesnt want to fill out a multiple gun form. Shouldnt be a problem regardless if you only have one gun with him. also the multiple gun transfer sheet means nothing if you have a GWL. Literally all you do is fill out the 4473 and walk out. Sounds like he is grossly misinformed

If you purchase or pickup more than 1 handgun within a 5 business day period from the same FFL dealer there is additional paperwork the dealer must fill out and fax into the ATF NTC and the local CLEO where the dealer reside by the end of business day when the multiple sale happens. There are no additional wait for this type of transaction unless you receive a delay by NICS which sounds like is not the case in your situation since you have a valid GWL.

I had my P12 delivered to my FFL. They called me telling me it was in. I went in and did the 4473 and took it home. I have my carry permit of course. Now I have chosen to space picking up a few guns to avoid causing the FFL to have to file a form reporting multiple gun purchases, but that was MY choice.

Your FFL seems to be misinformed.

Back
Top Bottom