• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Consequences of Church Carry

Some of y'all are so ignorant of Georgia weapon laws that it's actually embarrassing to be lumped in with you as a "lawful" gun owner.

Go forth. Read. Stop being dumb and taking advice from other dumb gun people on the internet

http://sos.ga.gov/index.php/elections/georgia_code_-_lexisnexis
What does this thread have to do with election laws?

BTW, I'm pretty sure the OP is a lawyer that has written a book about gun laws in Georgia, so...

What does this thread have to do with election laws?

BTW, I'm pretty sure the OP is a lawyer that has written a book about gun laws in Georgia, so...
Why dontcha just click the link. Wouldve taken a lot less effort than your post... AND you might learn something.

I did. It took me to election information.

Did you click your own link? :noidea:
Link takes you to SoS site. Link there take you to the LexisNexis site. :boink:

AA6BC0A1-2A2C-4D68-9308-DEB15D5055E7.png
A4A266E7-0D8F-4E59-A797-B0107E791983.png

Search engine for Georgia Law. How imaginative... I bet you think you were the only one to think of this.
Nah... not the only one... but we we're probably talking MLB batting average numbers at best... based on some of the replies I've seen here. They've never laid their eyes on the OCGA or an individual HB or SB PDF in their lives...

It’s your responsibility to know the law. I’ll bet he hasn’t explained the finer points of other laws to you either...

Try not signing...
He may not take you to jail, but he can take you and make you post bail if you don’t sign. Only specific exception I know of is a $15 seatbelt violation.[/QUOTE

"It’s your responsibility to know the law."
Well that's for sure, because most LE either don't know the law, or they will threaten or coerce citizens by telling lies, in hopes of an admission of guilt.

"I’ll bet he hasn’t explained the finer points of other laws to you either..."
I'm sure they find it hard to explain what they don't know, when a lie will work equally as well.

I guess all those LE that told me by signing the citation, it was just proving I had received it, not an admission of guilt, but you say "it's your bond, or you will go to jail".

I wonder how many different answers for the same question are considered acceptable and a standard way of doing business. I guess the police academy could be like the public school system and Leave No Cop Behind. lol

Link takes you to SoS site. Link there take you to the LexisNexis site. :boink:

View attachment 2121750 View attachment 2121751
You're right, I've never actually read the statute. All I've done is talk directly to LE, lawyers, prosecutors and judges about it. After all, they are the ones that interpret the law.

If you want to post a direct link to the statute, I would be happy to read it.

Also wondering which of my posts has incorrect info in it. Please enlighten.

I guess the police academy could be like the public school system and Leave No Cop Behind. lol

If only you knew.

And I'm not bashing LEO, I'm bashing the decision by society to skimp on the training resources to produce better educated and trained LEO, and then once they are trained, to retain them.

Back
Top Bottom