• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Consequences of Church Carry

You are right and still wrong for your conclusions.
By signing your citation you are essentially on a signature bond. If you don’t sign you are saying you will not guarantee to settle the case, either by admitting guilt or showing up in court. You only need a bond if you are charged. You are arrested when ever the officer decides you are not free to go free to go. You don’t have to be behind bars to be under arrest.
If you are detained, that is a technical arrest, but doesn’t mean the officer has decide to make a charge. You may never see handcuffs, but you were arrested.

LOL Yes Ken you are correct as usual. What's not offensive about it? lol

Years ago when I was working for The Southern Company, we had a test.
One of the question asked for 4 examples.
After the test were graded, that one question was marked wrong.
I compared it to the answers of other test takers who's answers were not marked wrong and they appeared to be the same.
When I brought this to the attention of the examiner, he said well I guess your answer is correct, so he gave me 1/2 credit.

Lots of posts that I didn't read. If my understanding is correct, you can't be arrested but you will be cited and fined. The citation is one sufficient to have your permit revoked.

16-11-127. punished as for a misdemeanor
Any license holder who violates subsection (b) of this Code section in a place of worship shall not be arrested but shall be fined not more than $100.00.
MANDATORY $100 fine. Also MANDATORY revocation of your carry license up to 3 years. You must have permission of the church pastor or governing board. This is a good law. I am part of a law enforcement-trained armed church security team. If an active shooter begins firing, and another unknown(to the team)person draws a weapon, the unknown person with a weapon will be considered a threat. The unknown "helper" may also shoot a security team member.

Well at my little country Church, the deacons are the governing body they give permission to someone to carry or not,and since I'm one of them I give myself permission............................and we are LE trained...

MANDATORY $100 fine. Also MANDATORY revocation of your carry license up to 3 years. You must have permission of the church pastor or governing board. This is a good law. I am part of a law enforcement-trained armed church security team. If an active shooter begins firing, and another unknown(to the team)person draws a weapon, the unknown person with a weapon will be considered a threat. The unknown "helper" may also shoot a security team member.

Sarcasm on:
Yes, this is a good law; only those of us with "law enforcement training" can carry, you cannot. It doesn't matter what training or skill set you possess, or that you have shot the Georgia law enforcement officer test and passed it easily. We know what's best, and only those approved by the governing body can carry arms.
Sarcasm off.

This is basically the standard mantra of gun controllers everywhere. Also the argument used against concealed carry: "But what if there's an active shooter, and you draw on him, then police could accidentally shoot you, or you may shoot another concealed carrying person. You should really just hide and call 911 and let the 'professionals' handle it." Sorry, not my plan. And, I don't think it's God's plan, either.

"and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36.

Or maybe Jesus should have said:

"and he that hath no sword, let him just sit tight; someone approved will protect him."

Sarcasm on:
Yes, this is a good law; only those of us with "law enforcement training" can carry, you cannot. It doesn't matter what training or skill set you possess, or that you have shot the Georgia law enforcement officer test and passed it easily. We know what's best, and only those approved by the governing body can carry arms.
Sarcasm off.

This is basically the standard mantra of gun controllers everywhere. Also the argument used against concealed carry: "But what if there's an active shooter, and you draw on him, then police could accidentally shoot you, or you may shoot another concealed carrying person. You should really just hide and call 911 and let the 'professionals' handle it." Sorry, not my plan. And, I don't think it's God's plan, either.

"and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36.

Or maybe Jesus should have said:

"and he that hath no sword, let him just sit tight; someone approved will protect him."

You have the God given right to defend yourself, just not in their house of God, how ironic.

Nice quote about the church green at Lexington, and dumping tea. Lexington.jpg

Back
Top Bottom