• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Consequences of Church Carry

What can I say. I don't think he is correct. He doesn't have anything to back up his opinion (nor do I ).

So according to the DA, a church couldn't limit concealed carry to church members, and has to allow in any pistol packing member of the public who just shows up? Some Aryan nation dude rides up in his jacked up pickup truck, and the church has to let him carry in the church?

I'd like to see the DA put that opinion out in public pronouncement.

My opinion is that the law does not restrict the fundamental right of the landowner to create a more restrictive class of permit holder with permission to carry on the premises than "everyone".

I wonder if the DA has the same opinion about Joe's Bar down the street.
That's not the District Attorney's opinion that's his interpretation of the law as it is written. I would say he's qualified better than most. My opinion would be that the church could ask anybody to leave if they chose to do so but they wouldn't be in violation of the law for simple entering while carrying a firearm as long as they possessed a Georgia weapons carry license. What the district attorney is saying is that the Church can't say Joe , Bob and Fred can carry a firearm here but Jack Sam and Peter can't.

What the district attorney is saying is that the Church can't say Joe , Bob and Fred can carry a firearm here but Jack Sam and Peter can't.

Well, I suppose that's a safe opinion for the DA to have being as he's the one that decides if Jack, Sam and Peter can't. Being as there is no liability on the church, it's doubly safe.

OTOH, if I wanted to discourage churches from allowing anyone to carry, I'd have the same opinion too.

Odd that a church can decide who can participate in the Holy Sacrament of Communion, but the state says the church can't decide who carries deadly weapons into the church.

As I said, I'd like to see the DA put that opinion out into a public forum.

Well, I suppose that's a safe opinion for the DA to have being as he's the one that decides if Jack, Sam and Peter can't. Being as there is no liability on the church, it's doubly safe.

OTOH, if I wanted to discourage churches from allowing anyone to carry, I'd have the same opinion too.

Odd that a church can decide who can participate in the Holy Sacrament of Communion, but the state says the church can't decide who carries deadly weapons into the church.

As I said, I'd like to see the DA put that opinion out into a public forum.
Actually the district attorney was advocating for them to allow Carry. Which they did. Unless you're an attorney, I think I'll go with the District Attorney's opinion as the likely correct one

And at our church the church can't decide who takes communion, anybody can take it, I don't know what kind of church you go to it may be different

Unless you're an attorney, I think I'll go with the District Attorney's opinion as the likely correct onev

Your mouth to God's ears.

And at our church the church can't decide who takes communion, anybody can take it, I don't know what kind of church you go to it may be different

I don't go to it, but the last time I checked, that was the position of the Catholic Church, which I believe is still the largest church in the world. Maybe you've heard of it.

Some Episcopal Churches have a "closed communion".

Even some Baptist Churches. Can you believe that?

There are others, that have different rules, you should get out more, expand the horizons of your world vision.

...the last time I checked, that was the position of the Catholic Church, which I believe is still the largest church in the world. Maybe you've heard of it.

These " closed communion" churches aren't making up new rules in this modern age and deviating from the Scriptures. The apostle Paul very clearly said that the holy ordinance of communion / the Lord's supper should be reserved for Christians with the proper mindset.

Paul writes, “So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves”
(1 Corinthians, chapter 11, verses 27–29).

Your mouth to God's ears.

I'm not Interested in going to a church that is going to try to stand between Jesus and me, m

I don't go to it, but the last time I checked, that was the position of the Catholic Church, which I believe is still the largest church in the world. Maybe you've heard of it.

There are others, that have different rules, you should get out more, expand the horizons of your world vision.

I'm not Interested in going to a church that is going to try to stand between Jesus and me, my relationship with the Lord is between he and I. Some other Jack wagon hasn't got any say in it

I just read all 14 pages of this thread. Thanks for some of your insight, others just made the thread longer.
There appears to be some differing “opinions”, perhaps from the past, on the laws surrounding weapons in church.
I’m no expert, but I’d like to know how to both navigate the law and protect myself, my family and my church family.
If a law is violated in my efforts, I’d like to know rather than claim ignorance.

Let me first state the following: I’m not concerned with how y’all do it, how it’s always been done or how you feel about church, Christians, church attendance or Gospel of Jesus Christ.
You are permitted to self interpret all of these things based on your feelings and what you’ve heard, but I’d warn against it. The law of the land has legal ramifications, while Gods Law has eternal consequences. I’m more confident in Gods justice and my understanding of it, than these convoluted and arbitrary rules of the land.

It would appear that some adhere to traditional rules that seem to no longer apply to churches in Ga. A recent law appears to have created the condition that churches must “declare “ to be open to GWL carry by anyone, or closed to ALL carry. I have a real problem with both of these conditions.
This idea of selective permission, as some suggest doesn’t appear within the law, to my limited knowledge.

I’d like to hear more about this idea of selective permission and if it’s been superseded by the recent declaration laws.
Please only respond if you are familiar with the current legal code.

I pray that you all maintain safety for yourselves and those you love.
I pray that you all know Him, or come to know Him.

One day we won’t have guns, or churches.

Back
Top Bottom