• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Consequences of Church Carry

I always wonder how many people sitting around me, or just in the church, are carrying. Not sure how my church feels on the matter, probably not a subject I will ever bring up, but my parents church in SC there are probably dozens, along with an armed cop at the door. One Easter, we were all visiting, I could count at least 4 handguns just in our row, lol.

I have seen several people in church that are obviously carrying, but wonder how many others carry but don't advertise it. Like anywhere else, as long as they are not there to start trouble I don't care. We have a few members who try to keep an eye on the doors during the service in case somebody bursts in, and of course the pastor is facing the rear double doors as well.

View attachment 2119362
View attachment 2119357
Suppose you carry your firearm into this church, Perimeter Church in Johns Creek.
You do not have permission from the church. mLet's assume NO private citizen (without law-enforcement or Public Safety credentials)
has ever been given permission to carry in this church.

But you carry anyway, figuring it's worth the legal risk.
What exactly *are* the risks of carrying your handgun into this church
when you do have a weapons carry permit
which is valid everywhere else in Georgia but not here in this building?

What kind of penalties and loss of rights would you be facing
if you were prosecuted?

P.S. I'll tell you up front, it's something of a trick question.
So if you're up to a challenge, see if you can figure out the trick and incorporate that into your answer.

So, any particular reason you chose this church? And does the fact that it also is a school, albeit private, have anything to do with it?

Back
Top Bottom