• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Consequences of Church Carry

The problem with this is that if someone carrying there got arrested for it, the church would either have to let them hang or lie about having given permission. Why don't they just give specific people permission and take it out of the grey area?

A lot of churches use the don’t ask don’t tell policy because they don’t want to be on the six o clock news as “that church where everyone carrys a gun “, cause then some non members will show up open carrying just because ....

And if a church votes on and has a policy where they allow carry , it will make the local news

Or maybe the church is part of a larger denomination that has a policy of not allowing concealed carry but the locals who attend and run the church feel that being a gun free easy target is a bad idea

And they also don’t want to be broadcasting that they are a easy target gun free zone .

There are entire states in this country that I won't (willingly) ever see because they are controlled by complete drooling, liberal widow lickers and I would never give them my money or risk being subject to their illegitimate communist "laws". Businesses and churches in my own state are of no consequence. Won't miss any of it. Just like that saying, "The more people I know the more I like my dog", the more BS put out by liberals and Rinos-and supported by the sheeple-the more I'm ok just staying home. :)

A lot of churches use the don’t ask don’t tell policy because they don’t want to be on the six o clock news as “that church where everyone carrys a gun “, cause then some non members will show up open carrying just because ....

And if a church votes on and has a policy where they allow carry , it will make the local news

Or maybe the church is part of a larger denomination that has a policy of not allowing concealed carry but the locals who attend and run the church feel that being a gun free easy target is a bad idea

And they also don’t want to be broadcasting that they are a easy target gun free zone .

This goes into my question:

Suppose a church committee has decided to make a policy of not making a statement of allowing conceal carry (there are benefits for the church to so). Let's say a member with permit carries into said church and it is discovered by the church, and let's say while that person is on property with weapon concealed. What happens in that case, assuming there is no school at that church. Please explain, what are the potential ramifications?

There are entire states in this country that I won't (willingly) ever see because they are controlled by complete drooling, liberal widow lickers and I would never give them my money or risk being subject to their illegitimate communist "laws". Businesses and churches in my own state are of no consequence. Won't miss any of it. Just like that saying, "The more people I know the more I like my dog", the more BS put out by liberals and Rinos-and supported by the sheeple-the more I'm ok just staying home. :)
Depends on how hot the widow is I reckon.

Suppose a church committee has decided to make a policy of not making a statement of allowing conceal carry (there are benefits for the church to so). Let's say a member with permit carries into said church and it is discovered by the church, and let's say while that person is on property with weapon concealed. What happens in that case, assuming there is no school at that church. Please explain, what are the potential ramifications?

Probably depends on the member and their relationship with the church

I know of several churches and their policy is “we don’t have a policy “

They don’t want to be know as a Wild West cowboy church where everyone totes a gun

Nor do they want to be known as a gun free easy target

The only thing the church has to say about the law is that they can give permission and they can't do it after the fact. If they have not given that permission and a person carries they are open to criminal prosecution by the State resulting in a mandatory loss of their GWL and the church does not have to press charges.

Let's say something does happen within the church and when the police are their they discover someone is carrying. That person could be cited on the spot. And again, the church cannot then say it's okay that they were carrying unless they lie about having given permission beforehand.

Probably depends on the member and their relationship with the church

I know of several churches and their policy is “we don’t have a policy “

They don’t want to be know as a Wild West cowboy church where everyone totes a gun

Nor do they want to be known as a gun free easy target
Not having a policy is a policy because by default it is illegal to carry in that church.

The only thing the church has to say about the law is that they can give permission and they can't do it after the fact. If they have not given that permission and a person carries they are open to criminal prosecution by the State resulting in a mandatory loss of their GWL and the church does not have to press charges.

Let's say something does happen within the church and when the police are their they discover someone is carrying. That person could be cited on the spot. And again, the church cannot then say it's okay that they were carrying unless they lie about having given permission beforehand.
As the church has the option, it would have to be the one to pursue the charge. They don’t have to supply LE anything, if they say it was OK then it is. No court outside a Uber liberal jurisdiction would consider the case if there was not a complainant or another underling violation.

Back
Top Bottom