• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Considering an AR9 for cheap fun. What say you?

Nate

Default rank 5000+ posts
GET TO DA CHOPPA!
286   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,
My boss and I are both considering buying an AR9 to plink with.

Anything I should know before buying?

Any good deals out there?

I want a short barrel pistol as light as I can get it. My boss wants a rifle. We are looking at these uppers from PSA

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...th-kak-flash-can-hybrid-bcg-ch-516446469.html

No pistol lowers in stock though...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...ailed-upper-with-hybrid-bcg-ch-516446602.html

Any advise/insight/smart-ass comments welcome

:usa2:

Love my PSA Ar-9 upper and lower. Currently on month 8 for my form 1 SBR and matching 9mm suppressor. As of now, it's been a blast as a pistol!

IMG_4864.JPG
IMG_4922.JPG
IMG_4781.JPG

Also I prefer (very much so) Colt fed lowers. I've got the 30 round metal form mags that perform flawlessly as well as some Colt 20 round sticks that run perfect as well. My favorite SBR right now

Love my PSA Ar-9 upper and lower. Currently on month 8 for my form 1 SBR and matching 9mm suppressor. As of now, it's been a blast as a pistol!

View attachment 1356421 View attachment 1356422 View attachment 1356423

Also I prefer (very much so) Colt fed lowers. I've got the 30 round metal form mags that perform flawlessly as well as some Colt 20 round sticks that run perfect as well. My favorite SBR right now
Did you ever try the glock mags?

Does it matter to the upper which mag the lower uses?

Definitely a pistol over a rifle....there is minimal velocity gain with the 16 inch barrel.....the curve flattens out.

I definitely want to build or buy an AR9. I prefer the Colt style mags because they look more traditional. But all things considered I'd like an l'd Marlin Camp 9 better.

Definitely a pistol over a rifle....there is minimal velocity gain with the 16 inch barrel.....the curve flattens out.

I wonder about that. 9mm loaded with Accurate #7 might pick up two or three hundred in a longer barrel. 10mm might pick up four or five, and with the heavy bullets. But with commercial ammo, yeah, there's nothing to be gained.

10 ought to make a thousand foot pounds. Since I can't have three round burst, I think 10mm is what I'd want.

Back
Top Bottom