• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Considering an AR9 for cheap fun. What say you?

If you can make it to the Full Auto Frenzy at Red Hill Range on Nov 11th you can try both of mine. They are a blast to shoot. I don't have a 9mm rifle because... well the barrels are too long :)

I've got two SBRS. Two rifle length All suppressed in one way or another. The bad thing is you can get carried away real easy ! I've got one with $1,400 in it ! No regrets !

I'll play. QC10 w/ JP internals and Rugged Obsidian 3-lug on Tros 5" Barrel. Like Spikey Spikey said, "you can get carried away real easy".

20170630_195658.jpg

I've got a rifle length PSA upper that I run suppressed on a RunnerRunnerGuns Glock mag lower. Thing is a blast (not really, quiet) to shoot and it has eaten a lot of 147gr subs without a single failure. I'm running a 308 carbine spring and 8oz buffer to reduce recoil and gas in the face when suppressed. No issues from Glock, Magpul or ETS mags being run in it either.

I've got a rifle length PSA upper that I run suppressed on a RunnerRunnerGuns Glock mag lower. Thing is a blast (not really, quiet) to shoot and it has eaten a lot of 147gr subs without a single failure. I'm running a 308 carbine spring and 8oz buffer to reduce recoil and gas in the face when suppressed. No issues from Glock, Magpul or ETS mags being run in it either.

same spring and buffer when running not suppressed? Any issues then? Only shoot 147gr?

No issues at all and I run it both suppressed (preferred) and unsuppressed with both 147 and 115 ammo (or what's in the box). The gun has not had a single issue except taking money out of my wallet. It also has JP 3.5# trigger springs with an ALG ACT trigger. I normally let people shoot it with 115 first and load a few 147's in the bottom of the mag to give them an understanding of what supers/subs sound like. Think wet potato when the subs go off with a can.

This gun as eaten close to a case of ammo already; so not worried about any issues. PSA hybrid bolt is lighter than a lot of the dedicated 9mm bolts, so that is why I'm using heavy buffer and spring.

Back
Top Bottom