• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Considering my first tactical knife. What should I get? and other questions

Nate

Default rank 5000+ posts
GET TO DA CHOPPA!
286   0
Reaction score
I carry a slim kershaw daily and have been considering coming off the hip for a nice tactical knife for EDC. My budget is around $300 but $200ish would be better.

I like a slim knife for edc that doesn't bulk up my pocket. I also like assisted open.

I know very little about quality knives so I have several questions

These microtechs look pretty awesome, do people actually carry them? I really like the ones with cool patterns on the handle. What model would you recommend for EDC?

I've heard benchmade and spiderco are nice as well? Should I look at others brands?

I know southern tactical blades is a great shop. Are there any other spots I should know about on the east side of ATL

Feel free to make any comments/suggestions you think are relevent

ZT0770 from southern tactical if you like slim and assisted
image.jpeg

I carry a Microtech Ultra tech and 2 different ZT's, both flippers as my edc. I am very happy with both options. @DEVEST8R is the man if you want to buy new and get the best experience!
That is what I gather. What if you want to buy used? Where would be the best place to look?

Is there a knife forum similar to ODT maybe?

That is what I gather. What if you want to buy used? Where would be the best place to look?

Is there a knife forum similar to ODT maybe?

Not sure on that. I have bought new from @DEVEST8R and used here on ODT. Sorry I am not more help. Good luck finding your blade. I have had Benchmade and spyderco's. No where even close to ZT's or MT's.

Back
Top Bottom