• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Constitutional Carry In GA- On the ropes

Aside from pulling a fast one as sneaking something by, gun laws in ga will be stagnant for a while. Look to Florida's recent events as an example... There was a single man putting a stop to open carry and campus carry. A "Republican". He lost his seat last year, and guess what... Open carry and campus carry are still being fought, by other Republicans in positions to prevent pro 2a bills from being voted on. This seems to be the status quo in some states.

Our next governor will likely be Cagle, or it could possibly be a dem. Best case scenario is we get an unexpected pro gun governor, but then we would still have Cagle or a Cagle clone. They will be sure to secure the future for their ideals...

I'm not saying trying to pass pro gun 2a is useless right now though. We must always stay offensive so we don't lose ground. I just wouldn't realistically expect much in the near future.

And yet by the end of this year, there will 4 - 5 more states in this country with Constitutional Carry. But in republican dominated GA, we have to continue to be patient... :rolleyes:

It seems to me that if your strategy has been one big giant failure for now getting close to a decade, it's time to change strategies.

And yet by the end of this year, there will 4 - 5 more states in this country with Constitutional Carry. But in republican dominated GA, we have to continue to be patient... :rolleyes:

It seems to me that if your strategy has been one big giant failure for now getting close to a decade, it's time to change strategies.
I agree, the problem is the people that keep getting voted in. In actuality, it's the citizenry that keeps voting those people in that are the problem. It's like being pro gun in NYC... As much as it is a constitutional right, and as passionate as you may be about it, that is not what your representatives or the majority of the people around you want.
In my opinion, bans such as on campuses are unconstitutional. I wish a judge would have seen it that way during the multiple suits that occurred when we originally got campus carry passed.

I agree, the problem is the people that keep getting voted in. In actuality, it's the citizenry that keeps voting those people in that are the problem. It's like being pro gun in NYC... As much as it is a constitutional right, and as passionate as you may be about it, that is not what your representatives or the majority of the people around you want.
In my opinion, bans such as on campuses are unconstitutional. I wish a judge would have seen it that way during the multiple suits that occurred when we originally got campus carry passed.

We have absolutely terrible RINO politicians in this state. It's not just guns. Look at the constant tax increases they keep voting in. Many of the politicians are former democrats who switched sides just so they could stay in power.

My problem with the current gun strategy is that it's the exact same thing every year, and we (sorry they) are being played for fools. Let's try and get back a little more of our rights, call your rep and beg them to pass it, and it never passes or gets vetoed. Water it down the next year and start the same process all over again.

How about we change strategies and target some of these politicians for removal? Politicians only understand fear due to loss of power. If we get some removed and replaced with the right people, then it won't just be good gun legislation but other improvements like good tax legislation as well.

I don't want any swingin' Richard to be able to carry a loaded handgun, in public, without a license showing he's serious enough about it to apply and offer his fingerprints for a background check.
When Dindu Nuffin or Allah Snackbar types go on a killing spree, and others in our state say "look, we need tighter restrictions on GWL holders and more off-limits locations" I want to be able to say "that criminal who perpetrated the crime you speak of was not a GWL holder," and "People with carry permits are among the most law-abiding persons you can find in society."

So, I'll say "no thanks" to "constitutional carry" if it means anybody packs a gun anywhere they want, no permit needed, no questions asked, prior to them killing somebody with it.

I don't want any swingin' Richard to be able to carry a loaded handgun, in public, without a license showing he's serious enough about it to apply and offer his fingerprints for a background check.
When Dindu Nuffin or Allah Snackbar types go on a killing spree, and others in our state say "look, we need tighter restrictions on GWL holders and more off-limits locations" I want to be able to say "that criminal who perpetrated the crime you speak of was not a GWL holder," and "People with carry permits are among the most law-abiding persons you can find in society."

So, I'll say "no thanks" to "constitutional carry" if it means anybody packs a gun anywhere they want, no permit needed, no questions asked, prior to them killing somebody with it.

I don't even know where to begin responding to this because my options are unlimited so I'll just say quoted for posterity's sake...

W
T
F
?
Deal is that you?

I guess you say "no thanks" to the framers of The Constitution.

This is why we can't have nice things.

This may be the dumbest damn thing I have read in a while. Are you worried CC might put a dent in your law book you peddle here? Or do you actually believe a GWL makes a man special? GWL's don't make people good.....just like Guns don't turn people evil. Damn, Just Damn.

Is Constitutional Carry gonna hurt your business? That's the only reason I can think for that uninformed, arrogant, factually wrong statement.
I lived in AK for 20 years. During part of that time state allowed permit-less Open Carry and CWPed concealed carry. Alaska later changed to Constitutional Carry (second state, after Vermont to have done so, IIRC), with permits available for those who wanted reciprocity with other states. No blood on the streets, no Wild West shootouts. Oh and Church carry was always permitted. We had a best armed congregation in town, with High-point observation points/seating above the main floor. Never had an issue.

My God man.... :doh:
Once again "we" are our worst enemy. We absolutely have the freedom we deserve. :tsk:

Back
Top Bottom