• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Construction Labor Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the derail OP but at least it's keeping it bumped. I'm a little surprised that unskilled labor at $25+ is impossible to find. Hell I'll be out of work in a month. Maybe I could get in construction work shape by then. Who am I kidding?..... :rolleyes:

How in shape ya gotta be?!

FAT-OPERATOR-1.jpg

Seriously, have you tried your local commercial employment agency?

Year in and out, we have about a 25% success rate on long term employees from them. They always provide a warm body on time when we call them.

Work is identical to your description.

andddddd here is why I cannot find anyone willing to work. Unfortunately, most able bodied people are taking the handout and not working.

Finding young people to start out as laborers in construction now days is like like pulling teeth. Pay rates over the past few years because of this have went up to a unsustainable point in my opinion for the industry but unless things get back going very soon I’m betting there will be a correction and more people suddenly ready to work. A lot of people soaking up that “free money” are going to get a shock when the job they thought was coming back doesn’t

Finding young people to start out as laborers in construction now days is like like pulling teeth. Pay rates over the past few years because of this have went up to a unsustainable point in my opinion for the industry but unless things get back going very soon I’m betting there will be a correction and more people suddenly ready to work. A lot of people soaking up that “free money” are going to get a shock when the job they thought was coming back doesn’t
Hard to justify blue collar work when you can make 250k a year writing dating apps or programming candy pop games. I grind my fingers to the bone 72 hours a week for my 2 grand... but I'm a lifer at this point. Its not that bad when you're used to it. I'd hate to have to train a freshie though... soft like butter.

gosh, y'all are brutal.
poor guy just needs some SOLID folks that ain't dem's and mil's.

I'm in the same position my friend. I need someone SOLID that isn't afraid of the same type of work, shovel, wheelbarrow and physical. Part time as needed here in N. Gwinnett.
The only issue is, these folks want to use the machines and ME use the shovel. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom