• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contacting your Represenative about your NFA wait question

andyzx6r

Default rank <200 posts Supporter
Hunter
9   0
Reaction score
Do you have to contact your represenative in your area? I am in District 6 (Lucy McBath) and dont believe she will contact the FBI on my behalf to see if they can push to get it reviewed. I would think that Majorie Taylor Green out of Rome would.

It's more of a curious question. I am not trying to jump the line. I am trying to make a point that the NFA wait time to me is unconstitutional in the first place. I am near 200 days at this point and I know that is much lower than the average approval time. It never hurts to be a squeaky wheel just not a broken one.

It's more of a curious question. I am not trying to jump the line. I am trying to make a point that the NFA wait time to me is unconstitutional in the first place. I am near 200 days at this point and I know that is much lower than the average approval time. It never hurts to be a squeaky wheel just not a broken one.

I've had stamps take 8 days and have had stamps take 18 months. NFA isn't a game for the impatient.

There is no rhyme or reason to any of it and our representatives didn't do anything about it the multiple times they held the house, the senate, and the white house. They certainly aren't going to do anything about it now.

Do you have to contact your represenative in your area? I am in District 6 (Lucy McBath) and dont believe she will contact the FBI on my behalf to see if they can push to get it reviewed. I would think that Majorie Taylor Green out of Rome would.
She (her people) will do it but won’t be any help, they get the same canned responses that we get.
I’ve been pushing them since august on a can that’s way over due, and at the time an E-File form 1 that was 120days and counting, at the time the wait was supposed to be 30 days.

I had better luck personally pestering the ATF about it, the firm 1 is clear and the form 4 is still “pending” with no examiner assigned to it yet.

Form 4 is now 8months and E-File form 1 is now 60 days.
I thought OP had an actual delay. yeah, I have 2 pending currently, 5 months on one and 3 months on another...got a cpl more months to wait at least.

my omega 9k was approved in 3 months earlier this year.

I think it is down to who your examiner is...and when they actually assign it.

I thought OP had an actual delay. yeah, I have 2 pending currently, 5 months on one and 3 months on another...got a cpl more months to wait at least.

my omega 9k was approved in 3 months earlier this year.

I think it is down to who your examiner is...and when they actually assign it.
No delay other than the normal delay :) I was really more curious about the represenative thing

Back
Top Bottom