• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Contacting your Represenative about your NFA wait question

If owning NFA items *is* a constitutional right

(and I believe it really is but the Supreme Court wrongly indicated otherwise based on the myth that American citizens wouldn't want any NFA items anyway even if they were freely available like other common guns / gun accessories)...

then how could anyone say your constitutional right has not been violated by being subject to a year long delay?

If I were going to write to some Congress person about the NFA approval delays, I will try to talk to one that thinks that we have a 2nd Amendment right to own the same type of paramilitary small arms
our soldiers use on the battlefield ---not crew served weapons, but individually used small arms,

I'd address my argument to the politician who claims to be pro-gun to be OK with the status quo, that you need to ask written permission a year in advance before you exercise that right, along with sending a hefty fee to the government to get their approval.

I am SURE Congresswoman Lucy McBath does not think owning a type of military heritage or military styled gun, or any silencer, or any short-barreled rifle or short shotgun, is a "right" covered by the second amendment and or 14th amendment.

I just had four guns on paper form 4’s take 15 months only to have the stamps lost in the mail requiring a 60 day wait until I can request certified copies needed to take possession of the guns for which I have been approved. Out of dozens and dozens of past form 4’s current wait times are the worst. Good luck

I’m closing in on 420 days and my buddy and I did all our stuff together same day he got his back well over a month ago
Send them an email inquiring on the serial number. Generally the reply time from Patty Mays is good. Your form might have had a different examiner and still be sitting on the examiners desk.

Back
Top Bottom