• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Conversion Barrels: Lone Wolf vs Storm Lake vs Wheaton Arms

Caution with Lone Wolf. When I was worked no atbthe gun shop we had several that came in with bulging barrels causing the gun to malfunction.

Whether this was from hand loads or such wasn't clear, although one of the customers swore he never used anything except standard shelf ammo.

I have used Storm Lake 40 to 9mm barrels in two different Gen 2 Glocks with no problems. They see me at least as accurate as the factory barrels, and no function issues.

Thanks to everyone for their input, I got a Lone Wolf AlphaWolf conversion barrel along with an OEM G4 recoil spring and a couple of mags. Should there be any issues I will let you know

I've had lone wolfs for my G22 and my G27 for years.I have thousands of rounds through the G22 barrel and maybe 1000 through the G27. Only problem I had was with the G27 barrel and Tula 9mm( 2 FTE's) the longer barrel seems to handle Tula just fine. I shoot 3 gun with the 9/40 barrel and it is 100% reliable so far. Like someone earlier said if I carried the conversion I would get an extractor.

Back
Top Bottom