• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Convoluted Process: GWCL Address Update

You don’t need to update your GWL… Its valid until expiration.

The ONLY reason to update would be if you’re planning to use it during a purchase to bypass a background check - in that case the address would need to match your DL
Mine don't match and I've never had this be an issue. I always ask to make sure no issues arise and they always tell me put my correct address on the 4473. At least 3 LGS's and no problems.

Ah, so purchasing online and having it sent to an FFL would require a background check if the GWCL doesn't match address. That makes sense. I guess I'll revert to having the LGS run background if I find something online.
This has not been my experience. See above

Mine don't match and I've never had this be an issue. I always ask to make sure no issues arise and they always tell me put my correct address on the 4473. At least 3 LGS's and no problems.

This has not been my experience. See above

Appreciate the insight. Looks like I can just bypass the waste of time until it expires and then I can proceed with updating in my current county.

Sure thing! In my case, my DL is correct and my CCW has my old address.
Same here and I’ve had no problems at all. Even before I got my DL changed I was at Academy and they told me to buy a fishing license with my correct address and they would accept that because it’s government issues. Did that and they sold me a gun.

These!!

Update your DL and wait till GWCL is expiring and update in new county. No law says it has to be updated when you move. No law says it has to have your new address un till renewal.

You don’t need to update your GWL… Its valid until expiration.

The ONLY reason to update would be if you’re planning to use it during a purchase to bypass a background check - in that case the address would need to match your DL

Just a weird process. Maybe I'll just toss my Georgia GWCL and just keep my Utah WCL in my wallet.

It does not work this way. If you are a Georgia resident, you must have a Georgia Weapons Carry License.

Out of state License is still good, but not for carry in Georgia if you are a resident.

Back
Top Bottom