Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Ceramic coated

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Anodized

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other- name it

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
i guess it depends on what you're cooking. i have all of the above + some not mentioned.

i don't care for the anodizing, it wears off....perhaps in the food?

pots i use stainless never aluminum, pans i like ceramic coated primarily. cast iron for frying.

ovenware ceramic or stoneware

and for what it's worth, i also buy the ones with the welded handles, more sanitary that the ones with the rivets sticking through on the inside...that space between the rivets and pots are good little bacteria farms, but maybe i'm overkill.

also, piece a set together. i know your wife probably wants a pretty matching set, just get the pieces you actually want or need individually, those generic box kits usually suck and don't come with everything you want or need anyway.

and for what it's worth, i also buy the ones with the welded handles, more sanitary that the ones with the rivets sticking through on the inside...that space between the rivets and pots are good little bacteria farms, but maybe i'm overkill.

also, piece a set together. i know your wife probably wants a pretty matching set, just get the pieces you actually want or need individually, those generic box kits usually suck and don't come with everything you want or need anyway.
She doesn't care. I'm just too lazy too piece it all together.
And if it's not dishwasher safe it's a big negative.
I would like made in the USA, which is increasingly an issue.

I've had a set of stainless steel outside and inside/aluminum core pots and pans for years. They do not warp and conduct heat almost as good as copper core ones.
Got mine at Sam's club for under $100, Costco also has a similar set off and on.
Similar to this:
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-MCP...4265&sr=8-2&keywords=stainless+steel+cookware

You can get cheaper sets that have just aluminum core at the bottom. Having aluminum on the sides will cook your food faster/more evenly.

PS cheaper set, same technology: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00421AYJK/ref=psdc_289816_t3_B004APTMPK

PPS never understood hard anodizing. I ran a restaurant for a few years, all my cookware was stainless, + a few cast iron skillets. Anodized stuff looks good, but does not perform any better, and makes cleaning it a pain.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom