• Ceramic coated

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Anodized

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other- name it

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Cast iron is good. Not dishwasher safe
And real cast will scratch some of the fancier electric stoves.
I like cast for everything except an egg pan.

Go to you local Restaurant Equipment store and pick up the POLISHED aluminum pans.

The Teflon and other coatings are always going to wear off over time. Most use a non Dupont coating that is not as good as Teflon.

If you do get a coated pan, make sure it is PFOA free. Teflon does not use it anymore.

And aluminum clad stock pots and pans do distribute the heat almost as well as copper in modern designed pans.

Pure aluminum pots cannot be run thru the dishwasher---detergent will etch and discolor them (one of the OP requirements).
I had a couple of HEAVE duty duty aluminum pots pans in the restaurant and they discolored, after running thru the commercial dishwasher, plus the bottoms warped on gas stove (have not used them on anything else).

Your old ones (aluminum) might have, the newer 3004 commercial stuff does not warp on a gas stove, certainly not a home gas top..

If you don't use a rinse aid in the dishwasher, then etching and discoloration will occur on all non coated pans, alum, stainless, copper, etc.

If your going to regularly put it in the dishwasher, get the cheapest stuff and replace every year or two.
If your not, cast iron will do everything the others will (except flip eggs), and your grand kids could still use them.

I buy almost all of my skillets and pans from the two restaurant supplies over off 85 - ITP. Not expensive, restaurant quality, some are teflon coated, others not. Depends on what I am cooking. Utensils too. Pizza pans, metal pie pans, sause pans, spoons, spatulas all available for a fraction of the price. If's it's good enough for a commercial chef, its good enough for me. They are not fancy pans with magic coatings, they just work.

Here are pictures of the ones used most. The back omelet one gets used almost daily. Under $10. The pan cover is not pretty after the dishwasher, but works perfectly.

2015-06-02 15.46.04.jpg
2015-06-02 15.46.09.jpg
2015-06-02 15.46.38.jpg

Pure aluminum pots cannot be run thru the dishwasher---detergent will etch and discolor them (one of the OP requirements).
I had a couple of HEAVE duty duty aluminum pots pans in the restaurant and they discolored, after running thru the commercial dishwasher, plus the bottoms warped on gas stove (have not used them on anything else).

Agree. See pan lid above. Still functional, just a little ugly. I have never had them warp, but i rarely take it to blackened cooking temperatures.

I have a set of all-clad knockk offs from costco. they are kirkland brand and they are the heaviest pans/pots i have ever used, except cast iron.

they have been going strong since 2007. love them.

also I use a $4 "some european name" ikea frying pan. non stick and its great and the smallest hint of it peeling or coming off idgaf if i have to toss it.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60139320/

Back
Top Bottom