• Ceramic coated

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Anodized

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Other- name it

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Cast iron...the original non stick pan.
I love my cast iron pans. I use them every morning for breakfast and often enough for lunch or evening meals. I used them just an hour ago to cook some green beans to go with our grilled chicken, hamburgers and hot dogs. They were delicious. They occupy the stove top between meals because it won't be long before they get used again. They are by far the most used cookware in our entire house.

But I would hardly call them "non-stick", unless you make sure to use enough oil.

I have 3 cast iron pan just for pineapple upside down cakes..Nothing else has been in them for 40 yrs..have won several county fairs with those cakes..

Not to steal your prize winning recipe but my favorite cake in the world is pineapple upsidedown... might you conceder posting your recipe?

Ah what the hell,
1 stick of no salt butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 box Betty Crocker Pineapple upside down cake mix
2 Jumbo eggs
1 can pineapple rings
1 bottle maraschino cherry's stemless.
1 cup chopped pecans.

Melt butter in pan, spread it up the sides, add brown sugar and spread evenly across bottom of pan.
Next drain pineapple rings save juice, press rings in the bottom of the pan, I always have three left and cut those in half, and stand those on the side of the skillet. Take the cherries without the juice and place one inside each pineapple slice..Take Pecans and fill in all the void spots.

Cake batter,
crack eggs
use pineapple juice and cherry juice, rather than water in the directions.
cake mix

Blend all thoroughly spread evenly in skillet slowly..Bake at 350.

Caution, after 45 min start checking status, when the center of the cake is dome shaped, stick with a toothpick. If it comes out clean pull cake out. Take a round flat pan like for pizza, trim top of cake so it is flat across top. Also insert knife along the outside edge of cake, around skillet to make sure nothing is sticking..Once done put flat pizza pan on top of cake and turn over and tap bottom of skillet, Lift off skillet, you may have some rings stuck to the bottom of the skillet, gently remove and place back on cake...Trial and error! Good luck and enjoy..

Back
Top Bottom