• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cool find while cutting some shooting lanes back.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
Had my shears at the base of a sapling and something told me to look up.
This 6 foot long black rat snake was 6 inches from my face just looking at me like "Hey Bro... What's up." Lol.
Nice looking snake so I just left him alone.
He was gone when I checked back an hour later.

i37.photobucket.com_albums_e53_clownzilla_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsd852af2b.jpg

Oh yeah good climbers!

Watched one last year somehow climb up the wall of the neighbors shed to get inside and crash for the winter. Neighbor said he sees him getting in just about every year.

Didn't know they were climbers.

I was doing some yard work one time, and I heard squealing coming from this very leafy tree. I walked over to investigate, and a 4 footer drops out of the tree with a baby squirrel in its mouth right at my feet. Needless to say I screamed louder than any girl ever has :D, and I instinctively just yelled drop it. Too which it did, and then it crawled off. The tree rat ended up in animal recovery.

But I have pictures of them climbing up trees after my dog has chased them. I have pictures of them on the side of my brick house. They can get up a tree very fast.

I was doing some yard work one time, and I heard squealing coming from this very leafy tree. I walked over to investigate, and a 4 footer drops out of the tree with a baby squirrel in its mouth right at my feet. Needless to say I screamed louder than any girl ever has :D, and I instinctively just yelled drop it. Too which it did, and then it crawled off. The tree rat ended up in animal recovery.

But I have pictures of them climbing up trees after my dog has chased them. I have pictures of them on the side of my brick house. They can get up a tree very fast.

Recovery? All tree rats must die!

Recovery? All tree rats must die!

C'mon man... You would've put down a face like this??? ;)

Of course I agree with you completely, but the wifey would've made me sleep in the garage. The local animal recovery place was closed over the weekend, but another one not local said if we could keep it alive over the weekend, just take it to them on Monday. So my wife, as you can see from the pic, nursed it although she refused to touch it without gloves.... Sorry OP for the hijack!

[Broken External Image]:

Yes all tree rats die.... I would have let that snake bag that squirrel....circle of life Mufasa.

I came across an eastern diamondback once while hiking with a buddy.
Thank god he smoked because it bit his ankle and strikes him right where he had his cigarette pack in his sock.
I told him if I didn't see it happen I would never have believed it.

I had snake shot bit we decided the snake was too bad ass to just kill so we got out of there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom