• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coosa River Flathead

CardsFan

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
0   0
Reaction score
Today, the wife and I got back to river fishing after a 1.5 year break. We didn't land a boat full, but ended up getting my wife's career high for a Catfish.

It turned out to be a near perfect day on the river. Water and current flow were still a bit high, but there wasn't many people at the ramp, and it's one of the few times of the year it's possible to catch quality Gizzard Shad on every throw of the net. Enjoy it quickly 'cause it won't last :)

We ended up with total of only 4 fish, but wife landed a big old Flathead approx 28 pounds according to quality scales. She fought it perfectly on a pink Ugly Stik Lite. :)

At the ramp, I had to chuckle to myself when a guy next to me was in a hurry to get his bass boat on the trailer before my wife trailered our boat. There was a look of terror on the guy's face and I knew exactly why. But he didn't understand my wife. Not only can she catch, fight, and release a big ol' river Flatty, but she knows how to put this big old jet boat on the trailer perfectly. :thumb:

Attachments

• 28pndFlathead1.jpg
    28pndFlathead1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 133
  • 28pndFlathead2.jpg
    28pndFlathead2.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 453
Today, the wife and I got back to river fishing after a 1.5 year break. We didn't land a boat full, but ended up getting my wife's career high for a Catfish.

It turned out to be a near perfect day on the river. Water and current flow were still a bit high, but there wasn't many people at the ramp, and it's one of the few times of the year it's possible to catch quality Gizzard Shad on every throw of the net. Enjoy it quickly 'cause it won't last :)

We ended up with total of only 4 fish, but wife landed a big old Flathead approx 28 pounds according to quality scales. She fought it perfectly on a pink Ugly Stik Lite. :)

At the ramp, I had to chuckle to myself when a guy next to me was in a hurry to get his bass boat on the trailer before my wife trailered our boat. There was a look of terror on the guy's face and I knew exactly why. But he didn't understand my wife. Not only can she catch, fight, and release a big ol' river Flatty, but she knows how to put this big old jet boat on the trailer perfectly. :thumb:
Congrats to her an happy you all had a great at.

Great job for the mrs and glad you had good time fishing! Nothing like spending time with wife doing something enjoyable to both of you! God bless!

Back
Top Bottom