• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Cops took more stuff from people than burglars did last year

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
Last edited:
Civil forfeiture for some odd reason is... controversial.

It appears that the state, if in the opinion that a citizen has too much _________. They can take it and the citizen has to hire a lawyer and sue to get it back. Lawyer fees, court cost, lost work time factor in the cost analysis. Much is kept by the state with infinite resources to litigate indefinitely!

No crime, not even charges have to be pressed to allow the government this theft. It's legal! Why? Because we say so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_forfeiture_in_the_United_States

As we continue to make forward progress to tyranny....

Easily one of the biggest jokes and one of the most abused power. "my that's a mighty nice 10k you got there, looks like the department gets a new coffee maker and doughnuts for a year!!!"

and que those who say "look at all this cop bashing, I cant believe you guys disrespect those who protect you!! I mean come on isn't your safety worth something", lets just call all those a "protection fee".

"A big chunk of that 2014 deposit, for instance, was the $1.7 billion Bernie Madoff judgment, most of which flowed back to the victims."

....yeah, should've just let him put on his prison account . . . would have kept his honey bun and ramen noodles stash up . . . good plan .. . .f* the victims of crime ... Yeah? ..... whatever ..... Troll thread as usual . . .

"A big chunk of that 2014 deposit, for instance, was the $1.7 billion Bernie Madoff judgment, most of which flowed back to the victims."

....yeah, should've just let him put on his prison account . . . would have kept his honey bun and ramen noodles stash up . . . good plan .. . .f* the victims of crime ... Yeah? ..... whatever ..... Troll thread as usual . . .

so what about 2012? and even when you take away that 1.7 its still almost the same amount that thieves got away with!!! no one here is saying f the victims you are only doing that to try to discredit the argument but your just pulling stuff outta air so its not doing any good.

As for a "troll thread" how is it trolling to point out and OBVIOUS issue in this country. Its been shown plenty and the majority of people (leo and not) agree that civil forfeitures is a major problem in our country and when you instantly jump on the defensive side instead of admitting that there is a problem then you are only contributing to the problem.

links, I'm interested now.

Back
Top Bottom