• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Coronavirus-Related Cattle Losses at $13.6 Billion

Same thing going on in some of the chicken plants. Purdue being one of them. I heard yesterday we might start seeing a shortage of eggs in the stores too because of it. Luckily we have a source for farm fresh eggs too, and they haven't stopped laying.

That doesn't make any sense, how can there be shortages if there is a "glut." If you have low demand for meat (which doesn't make sense, we are all still eating at home, but maybe not buying as many steaks) why not just let your cows continue to graze? And if we have low demand, its just that the farms aren't getting paid as much, which isn't a shortage of meat.

Did everyone suddenly become a vegetarian?

Sounds like some Opec math to me.

It's a combination of the processing plants being down and all the restaurants, a huge portion of the market, not ordering anything. Its scewing up the supply line and driving down demand and raising prices all at the same time. Have you read about the rats in NY? Huge population that live off restaurant trash. Now they are all starving and coming out in droves during the day. Probably trying to eat the homeless that pass out in a stupor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/na...ca-s-rats-are-getting-desperate-amid-n1180611

we've been ordering from the company that supplies Bones with their meat. getting way better deals vs kroger, publix, whole foods. so far we've had sea bass, tuna steaks, filet, ribs, chicken, burgers(short rib or brisket). i bought a deep freezer from home depot and i've been stacking meats while people are stacking toilet paper.

we've been ordering from the company that supplies Bones with their meat. getting way better deals vs kroger, publix, whole foods. so far we've had sea bass, tuna steaks, filet, ribs, chicken, burgers(short rib or brisket). i bought a deep freezer from home depot and i've been stacking meats while people are stacking toilet paper.

Sounds amazing, can you share the company? You can PM me if you want. Thanks

yeah ya see.. the more people that know the earlier I have to get in line. That said, I know the company needs to move product and I am hopeful that they keep offering pickups like theirs once the BS is over. So, for all that want to know.

Ps. Last week the filets were $8.50. They sold out obviously. Look at the price on the chicken!

Attachments

• 03C6E699-0A2E-470B-89DD-54462B13BF70.jpeg
    03C6E699-0A2E-470B-89DD-54462B13BF70.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom