• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

could it b? suppressors coming off NFA list

Say it does get passed, do you think they will require a background check or form similar to a 4473? Instead of the 9 or so month wait and stamp, my guess is that they will still want to regulate them somehow...
It may be outlined in the bill, but I haven't had the time to dig into it.

Don't know. Probably. Unless you are building your own... I assume.

... So somebody in Congress introduced a bill.

Don't get your hopes up.

Do you realize that for most of the last 30 years, some liberal Democrat member of Congress has introduced a bill that would simply repeal the Second Amendment. Amend the Constitution to just ELIMINATE the Right to Keep and Bear Arms?

It doesn't go anywhere. It just gets "assigned to a Committee" where the committee leaders recognize it for the pie-in-the-sky worthless crap that it is, and they sit on it until it dies.

The same can happen to an NFA reform bill, unless we do a good job of lobbying for it and explaining to politicians how it's not really going to impact public safety at all -- other than to improve public health by reducing the kind of noise that is well known to cause hearing damage.

I have already called Isakson and voiced my support, everyone please do the same. The reason I asked is that I expect to have to give up the $200 per stamp return funds if we want to get it passed. They have out money, getting it back is going to be a real stretch. I also look for someone to try and tack on some other crap that we do not like if they are going to pass it.

A long way to go yet.

Why were they ever added to start with? I can't recall ever reading any news where some mouse of a criminal pulled out his pistol to rob someone with a bulky suppressor attached to it.

Have to look back at 1934 records. They were used by gangsters in that era.

I have mixed feelings about it passing. Sure I'd like for it to be $200 cheaper and more importantly much faster but I'm somewhat of an elitist and I like having toys that most people don't. I'd like for it to pass since it means less restrictions and its just common sense but if it dont its not going to stop me from getting more.

Have to look back at 1934 records. They were used by gangsters in that era.

I have mixed feelings about it passing. Sure I'd like for it to be $200 cheaper and more importantly much faster but I'm somewhat of an elitist and I like having toys that most people don't. I'd like for it to pass since it means less restrictions and its just common sense but if it dont its not going to stop me from getting more.

Ah...that explains it. In 1934 I couldn't read yet. Lol

Why were they ever added to start with? I can't recall ever reading any news where some mouse of a criminal pulled out his pistol to rob someone with a bulky suppressor attached to it.

Don't believe it had anything to do with gangsters. It was to help prevent poaching.

Say it does get passed, do you think they will require a background check or form similar to a 4473? Instead of the 9 or so month wait and stamp, my guess is that they will still want to regulate them somehow...
It may be outlined in the bill, but I haven't had the time to dig into it.
The way it reads is that a suppressor will be treated like a firearm. No Tax Stamp, just the 4473 (or whatever new form they come up with) and the background check. Pass that and you walk out the door with it.

Back
Top Bottom