• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

could it b? suppressors coming off NFA list

I honestly think that it will go through this year.

The Dems have much bigger fights on their hands than some obscure gun law. And Trumps son has publicly said it was a priority of his. Trump owes the NRA big-time and he knows it, and honestly even some Dems are fine with it. Hunting with cans is legal in 39 states, with only the usual suspects excluded.

The weight of opinion is overwhelmingly on our side. The key will be to write you Congress-critters and let them know this is important!

200.gif

Yep. Like "The Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986" which had the nasty little rider that made private ownership of a post-1986 fully automatic weapon illegal. That's why an M16 or RDIAS is $20K now. There haven't been any "legal ones" made in 30 years!

In 86 there was no such thing as the line item veto. Now there is. Big difference.

Well said, sir. Take, take, TAKE is all they know. WHY the heck should it take 8 months to approve a FORM 4 when I already have a CC permit? Maybe the same guy who did Hillary's emails could get on these now that he has nothing to do.
I'm starting month number 9 here on a Form 4.

I'm starting month number 9 here on a Form 4.

There should be and SLA for how long they are allowed to take to approve or disapprove and a defined penalty imposed for any time they take beyond that SLA. WAIT A MINUTE, that is what they do to us if we don't pay our taxes on time. Maybe we could send some auditors to audit their books.

:violin::target:

I don't think there is. I did a little google quickie and it seems that the LIV of 1994 was struck down by SCOTUS in 1998. I will admit though that when you start talking law, you get out of my depth real quick.
That is correct. There is no LIV at the Federal level.

I seriously doubt it'll happen, but if it did, I think suppressor prices would go down instead of going up.

Every gun company would start making them and try to price theirs lower than the competition. I think we would see some very cool new designs also.

Back
Top Bottom