• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

could it b? suppressors coming off NFA list

If you haven't already, please contact your representative.

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/hearing-protection-act/

I also reached out to Johnny Isakson's office a month or so back asking for his support with both reducing the wait time for approval as well as his support of the Hearing Protection Bill. The reply that I received back from his aid/assistant after waiting with high expectations was that the BATFE was swamped and that the wait time was due to the excessive number of applications. When I told him that was exactly what they had told me he pretty much told me that was all he could do = nothing.

At that point I asked him to escalate this to Mr Isakson personally and to ask him to address the wait time in Washington as well as to support the HPB. He assured me he would do that.

As of today I have heard nothing so I sent them another email. This is the link to Mr Isakson's contact. I would ask that everyone who is infavor of improved wait times as well as the HPB please use this link and contact Mr Isakson as well.

https://www.isakson.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/email-me

Thank you,

Every company IS going to make them, just saw an email where Blackhawk of all companies are coming out with cans.

Several firearms manufactures already do. SIG and Ruger have been doing it (ruger has a .22 can currently, sig has several). Then other players will begin making factory assembled intregal barreled rifles (like the KGmade EOS-22 (10/22 intrgeal barreled). Could be pretty awesome. Competition only benefits the consumer. Probably be a slight tick up as supply goes down and demand goes up soon after the bill passing but withing 12-18 months it would begin stabilizing and the prices decreasing. IMO

I agree and I think we're nearing the pinnacle of suppressor design and performance.

LOL... there hasn't been a new suppressor design since the 50s. A tube full of baffles overtook the tube full of baffles and wipes back in the 70s, and everything else has been better materials and mounting options.

If this passes you will actually see some real innovation in suppressor design, something that's been stalled for decades because... why bother? There wa no real advantage to building a better can unless you could sell it at inflated prices to the military and police, who were more interested in durability and compatibility.

With an open market we should see prices drop significantly (after the initial rush) and over the long term some real innovation. For example I think you might see integral suppressors really take off, especially for 22s.

LOL... there hasn't been a new suppressor design since the 50s.
www.hkpro.com_forum_attachments_hk_nfa_talk_25224d1412633581_a2490c8f39d545dd64f45c8d99b3196b4.jpg

:boink:

I would start printing my own baffle stack with a 3d printer. When they wore out throw them away and print a new stack.
I know ZERO about 3D printing, so I guess I'll just be buying automotive freeze plugs by the case.

Every gun company? You mean every yahoo with access to a machine shop. There might actually be a reason to go to a gun show again.
If past history is any indicator, they'll still be overpriced at the gun shows.
:pound:

I agree and I think we're nearing the pinnacle of suppressor design and performance.
I can only imagine all the cool designs we would see if everybody was in the suppressor game and competing for our money.

Every company IS going to make them, just saw an email where Blackhawk of all companies are coming out with cans.
I hadn't heard about them making one. Of course, I haven't really kept up with any suppressor stuff since 41F went into effect.

I got the good news this afternoon when I called to check.
Received by them on 5-13-2016
They cashed my check on 5-15-2016
Approved 1-10-2017
Now waiting on USPS

Back
Top Bottom