• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could this be proof of ancient aliens?

Clickbait, but picked up some mainstream press. I looked at a backhoe bucket this morning. Yup. That's it. The stupid article claims it's aluminum-- and separately steel and something else. They can't even decide what this miraculous backhoe tooth is made out of. Obviously, no real scientists have bothered to look at it. And no reporters that had a college science class were involved with this "story".

You cannot date aluminum or most other metals... but you can date the stuff around them.

Can anyone imagine a scenario where a digging part of a modern backhoe might end up underground? Gotta be aliens or time travelers.

Or utility workers.

There's a story here, but it's about the collapse of modern journalism.

Another example: Just the other day, the AJC's web log was running updates from the Ross Harris trial, and discussed how the child died of hypothermia after being locked in the hot car for 7 hours. One would expect a journalist to be familiar with the concept of looking up polysyllabic words that one doesn't understand. One would be wrong.

http://www.myajc.com/news/news/ross-harris-trial-when-did-cooper-die-and-2-more-k/nstLL/

I'm being petty, but it's pathetic. I see poor writing daily on pretty much every site short of The Economist.

Back
Top Bottom