• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could you ? .. Hitting a milk jug at 1000+ yards .

If you already have your rifle doped, and if you're trying to shoot a milk jug at a 1000 it should be, the only variable really left is wind and the guys that do this know the adjustments they just need to read it right.

Thats where I wanna bet, just got my long range 308 setup put together and started breaking in the barrel the other day. What length barrel, bullet and powder you using for that?

Custom rifle on a Rem700 action, 24" Lothar Walther barrel 1:10" twist. Load was Black Hills Match 175grn.

Custom rifle on a Rem700 action, 24" Lothar Walther barrel 1:10" twist. Load was Black Hills Match 175grn.
Nice! Thank you for the words of wisdom, Im just getting started so I doubt ill be shooting near that far anytime soon but thats where I want to get to. Planned on loading up some 178 gr Hornady ELD Match but ill pick me up some Black Hills match next time Im at Cabelas. I may end up with a custom rifle before I learn to shoot that far but this is what I have to work with at the moment. R700 Gen2 24" 5r 1:11.25" badger 20 MOA rail NF ATACR enhanced 5-25
IMG_0219.JPG

Maybe with today's equipment? Never shot 1,000 with a scope; so I don't really know. In another life, I shot 1,000 with iron sights; but we weren't shooting milk jugs.

Furthest confirmed kill for me was only 538 yrds, an Elk I shot back in the 80's, that now resides on my wall. Never stretched out to 1K plus but would not mind trying!
Oh I would try with my old Savage bull barrel 308.If I dont hit it thats ok.

Back
Top Bottom