• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Could Your Shotgun Soon be Outlawed? Maybe, If the ATF Has Its Way

GDAWG1958

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
27   0
Reaction score
What’s the definition of a “shotgun?” According to Dictionary.com it’s “a smoothbore gun for firing small shot to kill birds and small quadrupeds, though often used with buckshot to kill larger animals.” For the gun enthusiasts, that’s only partly true, as there is also the option of using slugs. But what if there’s another addition that will soon be added to the definition? How about, illegal.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/could-your-shotgun-soon-be-outlawed/

The Saiga 12 has become so popular and can be configured in so many different ways(red jacket is even silencing them somewhat) that the gooberments gungrabbers have a major hard on for these weapons ........ and with the drum mags that are available they are basially a street sweeper ........

Its the same old story ......they know whats best for us ;(

I have had the chance to speak personally with high ranking BATFE officials due to my job. First, they wouldn't tell me anything and quite frankly were almost scared that someone from the office I work in would ask such questions. Then I spoke with her supervisor who told me I would have to speak with the head of imports. He gave me a shakey explanation on why some hiccup had caused a ceasing in importation, but that the ATF would use the time to decide the importation of certain style shotguns. They hoped to have a decision on the matter by May 1st. Another person from their scientific branch told me they were in fact holding up imoportation until the study and decision were completed, but that was then again refuted upona 2nd discussion with the importation office. So lesson learned, ATF isn't forthcoming, they don't like the Saiga 12 and 20, and if they stick to their own timeline we should know their decision by May 1st.

*no a funny note, one agent told me there was no hold up at imports and they were all off the shelf due to conspiracy theorist spreading the rumor it would be banned.

Back
Top Bottom