• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Couldn't find the "picture thread"

Ronaldo Crespin

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
34   0
Reaction score
I didn't plan for my builds to have any specific color theme but its kind of interesting how they have turned out. Kinda like having a white dog with black spots and a black dog with white spots.

20170920_164140.jpg

Damn muzzle brakes are getting expensive. I built a AR10 308 and the complete build cost me 1,800. I was going for nothing but accuracy and got it. It was the barrel that gave me problems with the muzzle brake. I used an 18 inch bull barrel to save on weight so I bought a Shilen one but it had some weird 3/4x24 threads. It took me forever to find a brake. Never did find one except ones that were meant for a 50 cal. I ended up using JSE out of Texas to mill me a break out an existing one he had. He had to bore it out, re-thread it and then taper it down to my barrel diameter. It ended up costing me 175 just for the brake. Muzzle brakes these days are getting more expensive than the higher end receivers. It's ridiculous.
I am still not happy with it. It works great but I just don't like the way it looks. I wish he would have made it the same diameter of the barrel all the way down and left it stainless. That was my mistake for not telling him not to coat it.

Back
Top Bottom