• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Countdown To Deer Season 2020

I’m looking to try and take a few random days off during the first two weeks to hunt the rut. Some say it may start early this year due to moon phases and whatnot. Anyone else trying to decide this? I wish I had the time for the full week or two but will have to make do with maybe three days and the weekends. May also just hunt most mornings and make my schedule work for finishing later in the day.

I’m looking to try and take a few random days off during the first two weeks to hunt the rut. Some say it may start early this year due to moon phases and whatnot. Anyone else trying to decide this? I wish I had the time for the full week or two but will have to make do with maybe three days and the weekends. May also just hunt most mornings and make my schedule work for finishing later in the day.
I like the last week of October and the first week in November at my place. I‘ve shot a few decent bucks right before Halloween that were cruising hard.

I'll be taking off the first week of November. Seems to be the magic week at camp.
I've laid the smack down on 4 bucks on the first weekend of November the last 3 years. Last year 1 on Saturday, 2018 1 Saturday and the other on Sunday, 2017 a small dink on Saturday. All were pushing does.

Bucks are cruising by Muzzleloader season in Washington County. Full Rut first Week of November, pretty religiously year after year... may change a week one way or the other based on full moon...

They're dropping already?? I have a couple young trees and this will be their first year to produce but they are no where near ready to drop.
I don’t think dropping,I have 5 big trees and 2 pin oaks.when it rains and wind blows I see a few on the ground.

17 bow. 46 muzzleloader. 53 to gun...
20200623_082422.jpg

Looking to add another mount in the man cave this year

Got my 7mm-08 rounds made up today. Think I will do some 300 blackout subs for my short range suppressed gun next.

#whitebullettsmatter

What load is that? I’m moving my Daughter up to her 7/08 this year now that her hands are big enough to hold the gun correctly. I was thinking about trying a 120gr Barnes TTSX.

Back
Top Bottom